Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After sitting for a few days and trying to start it, it takes 10 minutes to get it to start and idle, I have to push the starter button continuously until it slowly shows some life, it hesitates, sputters and pops until it will finally idle, but when I try to wick the throttle, is will die immediately until it’s warm enough to rev up. When it’s warm, it starts right up, also, the choke does nothing. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Sounds like you have a few issues.
First, you should never hold the starter button continuously, it can burn out the starter.
Next, your carbs sound like they need a good clean and some fresh fuel. You should also go through the fuel system from tank to carbs and make sure it’s all clean as well.
If your choke does nothing, that will be another circuit to check on carbs, assuming the choke cable is connected and working.

·
Registered
215 Posts
If it has only become harder to start with the onset of colder weather I would be looking at adjusting the valves. That particular engine is prone to having valve trouble especially with the colder weather I can imagine it would be more difficult to start if the valves need to be adjusted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts