Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all GPZ900R owners!

Trying to locate the oil temp switch wire in my harness... I must be blind! Last wire to complete my electrical system! I know it's on the right hand side underneath the engine. I replaced the sensor, bought a full harness a while back so hopefully I'm not actually missing the wire!

Any GPZ900R / ZX900A owners who happen to have insight or pictues would be super helpful. Pictures of where the wire starts from the harness would be exactly what I'd like. Manual says it's an all black single wire with a connector. Has to be really long to go to the bottom of the engine right? Can't be too hard to miss LOL.

Guessing it looks similar to the coolant temp sensor wire in the radiator, only black not yellow.

Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
There should be two wires coming down to the sump. One is temp sensor and the other one is oil pressure. I think they come down together with the wires from the kickstand and shifter.

Skickat från min moto g(7) via Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"I think they come down together with the wires from the kickstand and shifter."

As soon as I read that, something hit me like a damn LIGHTNING BOLT! There was an unknown female bullet connector that was part of the same group of wires in that section of the harness! Matched the color code of the wiring diagram... seeing as it's a bullet connector that threw me, so I did some Googling and turns out, duh, it is in fact it's own wire. When salvage yards take harnesses they must conveniently forget to keep all the little PITA wires with it!

Pic 1 is the culprit.

Pic 2 shows neutral safety switch wire on the left and oil pressure sensor/switch wire on the right. Bottom is a lonely wire who needs to be reunited with it's friend in pic 1.

Pic 3 is the damn parts fiche and I really am stumped as to why it's not part of it, at least on this page!

@ZxNystrom +100 for helping my neurons fire a little quicker, thank you!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts