Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Man that looks like the Russian moped that i had......oh and look it's even DOHC :thefinger , LOL:clap

·
Registered
11 Posts
....my very first bike was a brand-new blue '75 Z-1B...I was a 19 year-old USAF Airman back then...now I wish that still had it...sold it to buy a new KZ900 LTD...sold that when I got shipped to a remote sight in Alaska for 18 months...I thought: I could always get another one...never did...when I separated from the USAF, I went home to Hawai'i and found a used Z-1B just like my first bike, but it was kinda ratty, but all the parts were there...another dude showed up at the sellers and we had a blind bidding war...when the envelopes were opened, he beat me by $25...he had bought it for $400!...I should've never sold my first bike...its the four cylinder that started it all for the modern Kawasaki 4-stroke superbikes...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Loved those bikes when new..had 4-73's and 2-74"s along with one 72-h2...also had long hair and big balls..now..hmmm

·
Registered
85 Posts
/IMG]
Back in the good old days when ya had to be your own wrench to modify bikes..had lots of fun with these old girls

·
Registered
85 Posts
No I wish I did..sold the green one in 83 for a new rz350 and sold the gpz coloured one in 89 for a new zx7..but sold the red one to my buddy and he still has it and has put on a kawzillion miles on her...another buddy of mine has a stock..74 900 that has been in the corner of his garage for 25 yrs...he doesn't ride anymore...I'm working on hime to sell it to me

·
Registered
85 Posts
Oh I will eventually get it off him..he promised me I would be the one to have it if he sells her...thats a sweet one you have, I'm envious. These old 9's are so easy to work on and there is lots to do to them too...I still have some original parts (never used) in the box. Steering dampner from the h2 that is a bolt on to the 9...and chome headlite bucket along with turn signals too...in my opinion these old 9's are the 55 chevy of bikes

1 - 15 of 15 Posts