Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the difference between the 2 tire sizes. which would be better to switch to

Michelin Pilot Power 2CT Tires 19055zr17 or19050zx17

a little direction between these two would be great

and does anyone run these tires??

thanks,

L.

·
Registered
532 Posts
There is only aq small difference between the height of the tyres(55 profile is a little higher than the 50 profile), and the lower profile usually helps a little with turn-in into a corner, but on the ZX12 I think the difference will be negligeable and I will personally stick to the 55 profile on that bike. Little softer ride and the traction is equally good.

The Pilot Powers ( 2ct or not ) are great tyres! (amongst others!) and again I will personnally stick to the non-2ct's on that bike! It gives a more constant turn-in feel!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what do you mean. the 2ct's have a weird feel?? I have heard that 190's turn in better than the 200's. I know thats a old debate, but I wanted to get the 2ct's and needed a little guidance on the 50 or 55.

what tires do you go with

L.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but will revive it. I just switched to the lower profile 50 from the stock 55. I'm hoping it works out well. Had more options with the 50's.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but will revive it. I just switched to the lower profile 50 from the stock 55. I'm hoping it works out well. Had more options with the 50's.
The 55's turn in a little quicker. So the 50's are a little more stable. I just like the 55's better. i had a 50 2CT before. Very nice tire; just not my favorite. My new favorite is the Perelli Rosso !!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I went with, and I am sure this may not be popular, the Bridgestone Battleaxe BT-021. I chose it for the milleage aspect. If worse comes to worse, can always switch out. Only cost $140.00

·
Premium Member
13,188 Posts
The first number in a tire size is the width in millimeters. The second number is the height expressed as a percentage of the width and it is called the 'aspect ratio'. The height of a 190/55 tire is 55% of 190 mm and the height of a 190/50 is 50% of 190mm. The lower profile (50 as opposed to 55) makes turning a little more difficult since the tire has to roll over onto the sidewall and a higher profile tire has more tendency to fall into a turn rather than having to be muscled.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
I went with, and I am sure this may not be popular, the Bridgestone Battleaxe BT-021. I chose it for the milleage aspect. If worse comes to worse, can always switch out. Only cost $140.00
bdruggan, those bridgestones will let you down in the twisties. Make sure you heat them up everytime you ride. Not very sticky when cold. But, we all know that personal preference is key. We each have our own riding style, so whatever works for you...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts