Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a super deal on 3 brand new sets of tires but the only problem ther 190 not 180 will it affect the bike that much. My bikes a 01 zx6r

Thanks
Joey

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
No! Going to a larger tire will slow down a bit the steering effect. Possibly not by much but it won't help for sure.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i just went from a 180/55 to a 190/50 on my 01 zx6r and i love it. i think it handles better in my own non professional oppinion. and not to mention how sexy it looks.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I got a super deal on 3 brand new sets of tires but the only problem ther 190 not 180 will it affect the bike that much. My bikes a 01 zx6r

Thanks
Joey
As Claude says, it will slow the turning down on the bike but if your like most guys out there, you wont actually give a sh1t. I went from a 190/50 to a 190/60 and its great except at high speed it is not as stable. and i had to take my hugger off:banghead . either take it off or get it fuck3d up by the tyre though :evil

·
Registered
494 Posts
Putting a 190 tire on a 180 rim is pretty common. But not really the greatest idea. Basically what happens is you end up squishing the beads inside the rim and this alters the natural curve of the tire. It becomes squished in and elongated. Basically the profile is drastically altered, and in some cases it can become a safety concern.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts