Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
Keep your fingers crossed for me. If all goes well I roll out of Virginia very early on the 23rd to hit the Tail of the Dragon. VERY psyched! VERY pumped! Unfortunately my riding buddy has a Harley, but think of all the time he can spend looking up Connie's skirt (if he can get that close)! Will be back the 28th or 29th. 21 years of riding and this is my first road trip! 1400 miles gone and still lovin every minute of it!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Have a great trip. Look forward to hearing how the bike performs. I'm off on Wed from the UK to do 2-3,000 miles, 2 up, around germany, austria, switzerland and france. I 'll let you know how the GTR gets on.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Please tell me you are going to hit the Cherahala Skyway while you are there. I made the mistake of not doing it last year, but on my trip this year I included it. It's definitely my favorite of the two.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's what I know. We have two days to get there, three days to ride, and two days to get back. I'll post a list of the roads we DIDNT ride. It should save some typing!!!!:crazyloco

·
Registered
62 Posts
I wouldn't plan on having a ton of fun on the dragon, it's been pretty much shut down by the troopers. The skyway would be my bet as your fav. so make sure you check it out. I also read that the bridge is out on 28 so that cuts out one of the good roads, but don't worry there are plenty of great roads up there.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey CB, what part of VA are you in?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts