Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any insight on luggage for the 10?

We recently took a weekend trip, in the rain no less.

I had a backpack, and I don't know if I'm getting old, but I swear to all that is holy that I won't travel with gear strapped to me again.

I want to get a stylish tailbag, or soft saddles that will look good on the 10, and not catch on fire from the pipes.

Anyone seen anything, or links that they can direct to?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seen that done before, but then you have to find another seat.

...and what do you do when you get where you're going? You have to take the seat in with you and leave the back end of your bike naked.

Would prefer to find a Rocket Tail bag (friend has one but they're discontinued) that came with helmet bag and rain cover. But they were also only in black/red/gray/white.

Soft side bags would be great for clothes and just take them off when you get where you're going, but the pipes present the problem.

Thanks for the input though, it is a great idea.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I have found decent tail bags out there, but I have a helluva time getting anything tied down back there. The tie down points are in poor locations uggg

I transported a helmet on the rear seat of the 10R using a standard cargo net and it was horrible! Those are times when I miss my 12R.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have a cargo net and have recently resorted to taking off the passenger seat to strap. It's an intricate process, but it goes as follows...

1: lay cargo net flat on ground
2: lay tailbag upside down on net
3: place passenger seat upside down on bag
4: pull cargo net clips over seat and attach clips from opposing sides over the seat (bottom of it, remember it's upside down)

Then you can pick up the whole unit, pop your seat back in place and none of the tie downs rub the paint.

Before clicking in the front, pull the front edges of the cargo net around the front end of the seat and it will make it taught.

Does the trick for now, but still looking for other options.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i toured france last month on mine ,i used a small tank bab and expandable tail pack.to secure tail pack remove heat shields from cans, and use the brackets as hookes ,works fine my tail pack never moved ,

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good.

Sorry for the non-responses guys....

I'm away for work in Hong Kong and Tokyo, and been busy.

Kinda pissed. All over Tokyo, and in all bike shops I can find, and all I've found for Kawi stuff is one hat, one keychain, and one t-shirt (made in the U.S.A.).

NOT impressed at all.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm having problems finding what I want to finish my project. I need either some lime green seat covering or black and some lime green (or something close) paint that will stick to the cover.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have this bag except it is in lime green with ninja on it.
I haven't seen it anyplace else except in Daytona when I bought it during Bike Week.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input guys. I will definitely look into those options. I really like the Kawi bag, and will have to see if I can get it through friends in the UK.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ventura Bag

I use Ventura Bags on any bike I like to travel with. The web site is
http://www.cycleventure.com/products/pack_system/index.htm

They give pictures of your bike in the gallery too, with the bag on there. The great thing is that you can remove the rack and put a small grab rail on the back when you are not needing the bag. The bars on the side which hold the various racks are small and don't look bad. The company is great to deal with and the folks are very friendly. You won't be sorry if you get one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use cortech sport tail bag and a cortech super mini magnetic tank bag. Just got them so haven't been able to put them on bike is in Storage

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I recommend the rice rocket rack, it's flat and replaces the rear seat and uses the same mount spots so it can take the weight and it's all off your back.

I did a one-month long motorcycle trip across the states and used it, loved it.

The thread with pics of it is here: http://www.zxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1221

Here is a pic:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts