Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading on one of the many forums I am on, this time on BARF, and not to say anything bad about this particular rider but he posted this and I found it interesting, to say the least:

motonewbie said:
alright I am so angry. I've had my bike for almost a month (been riding for the same amount of time) and I dropped it today for the SIXTH time! Same stupid situation as before (die out with wheel turned on an incline or hill).

What was special about today was that I was going up a steep ass hill and I had to keep looking behind me for my very very newbie friend rider who just got an R6S two days ago. I tried to pull over at the top of the hill and all I remember is kinda struggling to get the wheel to turn back left to straighten it, I didn't pull in the clutch and the bike died out while the wheel was to the right and BAM. I didn't even notice that my mirror was on someone's lawn 10 feet away.

Today was the worse. My bike hit the curb and the bar end took a hit, my mirror broke, and my headlight fairing is cracked and scratched.

I am not worried about the damage because I can ghetto rig everything back together but I am really mad that I keep making the same mistake. It's like one day I'll be having so much fun, perfecting everything I do, then the next day I'll mess up. MY confidence is wearing thin. Besides the MSF course I've ridden my bike about 2-300 miles only.

I use to have a problem with slow speed parking lot manaveur but I've learned how to use clutch control so thats one thing thats good, but I keep losing my balance at these off center wheel stops.

Did anyone have this problem when you first started? PLEASE HELP ME!
Source: BARF

·
Registered
379 Posts
In all honesty and no offence to any person that has any sort of dasability but this person must be locked in a padded room and hard objects around at all including his fingers. How the hell do you manage to do that in the first month of having a bike. Does the dude not put his feet down when he stops or what and does he not know that bikes need people on them to stay up and not fools to fall over.

·
Registered
379 Posts
on take the bike away before he kills someone!!!!!!

He is not going to be able to kill anyone guys, this guy could not ride out his drive by the sounds of things. The only death that will happen will be to the bike because by the sounds of it he is to stupid to know when to give up.:evil

·
Registered
532 Posts
I think his mother must first re-train him to walk and buy him a bicycle with training wheels!!!!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
That's pretty sad. I like the part where he is worried about the guy behind him.

I thought I had seen the squid of the year yesterday when I saw a guy in shorts, tshirt, flipflops, and a cast riding around town. He couldn't bend his right leg at the knee so he just held it out at 45 degrees, his sandal a couple of inches off the ground. Of course when he needed to turn to the right he had hold his forward for more ground clearance.

·
Registered
330 Posts
+1 on the newbie behind him that he was waiting for :eek:hno Together, they would make quite the rolling disaster or, maybe buddy behind him is a good rider & just didn't want to get too close :scared How did he ever get through the MSF course - a month & 2-300 miles and he's just mastered clutch control :headscratch

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Sad

·
Registered
368 Posts
Someone needs to save that poor bike and remove its owner. What a sensless waste of a two wheeled piece of machinery.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts