Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently lowered my 07 zx6r and took it to the drag track.... and the fastest pass i got was 11.34 @125 ... i know it will get better but was my first time on the bike at the track .... just wanted to see if anyone else had any time slips from the track......:crazyloco

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ran mine two months ago and couldnt get it to shift into 3rd on any of my 5 runs so all i have is 1/8 mile numbers i was traping 94-95 in the 1/8th on every run in 100* air temps

and yeah my times sucked

·
Registered
785 Posts
We have an 1/8th mile track her.
I eent last Thursday (5th) for the first time in over 8 years!
It was the first time on this bike (01 zx6r) and had a blast.
I still need to get off the light better, but had fun anyway.
Im used to my 74 z1 with the wheelie bars.
Rev it up, dump the clutch and hang on.
This thing was way different, no bars, all stock (but for Yoshi pipe)
and it did not want to keep the front down.
It made for an inconsistent night out the hole.
Anyway.
It felt good to be back on the track again.
Now that we have a new strip, I think Ill be on it a lot more.
I might even blow the dust off and start dumping cash back into that
ol Z1 again.

Best run was:
Rt...... .1741
ET....... 7.8667
Mph...... 92.44

FYI:
http://abilenedragstrip.com/index.html
http://raceabilene.com/ADSPics/index.htm

·
Banned
528 Posts
remember practice makes perfect and the more u go the faster u will get, i have several guy's here with 636 and they run 6.70 - 6.80 in the 1/8 with pipe, lowered, and geared, how much do u weight and whats all been done to it

·
Registered
683 Posts
I recently lowered my 07 zx6r and took it to the drag track.... and the fastest pass i got was 11.34 @125 ... i know it will get better but was my first time on the bike at the track .... just wanted to see if anyone else had any time slips from the track......:crazyloco
I think you did pretty good. 11.34 on a 600 is pretty quick. People will probably tell you that you should have made it in to the 10.'s. Don't be discouraged. People quote numbers to me all the time that they read in magazines. Its important to remember that those magazine times are set by pro riders and are corrected for standard temperature and pressure. I hate corrected times. You could do the math and correct your time and I'm sure it would sound quicker but you ran that time on that day under that weather and thats that. I haven't been to the track yet this year. Last summer I ran 11.13 @ 130 mph on my '90 ZX11. Stock ride height hurt me bad. When it cools off a bit I'm gonna get it low to the ground and go back shooting for 10.90's. People say I should be able to go 10.60's, but I'm just looking for a time that starts with 10. Regardless of the times, taking the bike to the dragstrip is always a blast. One of my favorite parts is annihilating the tire in front of a crowd of friends. Good luck.
T

·
Registered
532 Posts
I think that time for the ZX6R is pretty amazing! Here by us (although at 6000' altitude) the ZX10's run low to mid 10sec's, so I think just over 11 sec for the 6 is pretty good!!

Keep us posted on your times and the Kawi name high!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've ALWAYS WONDERED, what do they take into account whenever they say "corrected time"??????

·
Registered
144 Posts
well, your actuall trap speed and weight of vehicle says alot for how fast you could actually go. if you have a poor launch but are still trapping high speeds then you know you can actually cover that quarter mile in faster time. pretty much weight and speed at what point can tell you alot

·
Registered
683 Posts
I've ALWAYS WONDERED, what do they take into account whenever they say "corrected time"??????
When they calculate corrected time they are correcting to standard temperature and pressure (stp). I think its like 70 degress F and pressure at sea level. Basically, if you race on a 90 degree day, that heat is robbing power from you. Also if you race above sea level, the air pressure is lower and that is robbing power from you. Its a way of comparing performance on an even field. However, I think bike mags use it to try and hype themselves. Are there really any tracks that are at sea level? Most are well above. Rather than correcting their times, I'd prefer they just came out and said 'hey this is what we ran on a hot day, under better conditions we probably could have gone quicker'.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i weigh about 160 and all i have done to my zx6 is lowering links and the euro mod under the seat and the exhaust valve disconnected.. thats all i got done...

·
Registered
870 Posts
I weigh 205 lbs with gear on my 08 ZX6R with akra slip on and K&N. First time at the track I got a 12.1. Sucks but I hit that consistantly for the 5 passes. It was for shits and giggles and I don't plan on making my bike a drag bike at no means but I certainly need improvement in launching.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i have an 03 6r(636) went to the track(1/8) a couple weeks ago. bike is lowered, full muzzy, +3 rear sprocket, and strapped. first time at the track. i ran a best of [email protected] had a 1.70 60ft. not too bad for my first time. will be going to a 1/4 mile track in a few weeks, as soon as my buddy gets his cbr 1000 back(putting a turbo on) to see what kind of 1/4 mile time i can get. shooting for mid 10s

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Am i off or are the 05+ ZX6r's suppose to be running 10's stock?

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_street_bike_performance_times/index.html

Is it that hard to get off the line? Sorry for the Newbie questions, I come from launch AWD EVO's so its a guess a lot easier.

my buddy has the same exact bike as mine, 06 zx6r same color. right out of the box he went 10.80 at 130 something. lowered extended and geared with stock exhaust he now runs 10.30's. he weighs around 130 lbs and was slipping the clutch from 14,000 rpms off the line. with an air shifter he's looking for 9.9's. i know its not my times but its not out of a magazine or anything. oh yea, his bike has 1600 miles on it and its been through 5 rear tires.

·
Banned
528 Posts
ive ran a best of 7.0 in the 1/8 on my 636 and i weight 230 pounds with -1 +2 gearing leaving at 10k rpm and slippin the clutch past the 60ft mark, my 60ft on that pass was a 1.73, with more gearing and seat time i could easily see high 6's, mods done done to the bike is in my signature

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
track times

my '08 zx6r with me riding it probably couldn't get into the 13's in the quarter:banghead

I am used to my '05 Pontiac GTO. It will run 7.20's in the 8th mile.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts