Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to the site and thinking of moving up from my ex500 to a 08zx14 guy wants $5500 for it with only 8000miles on it. What I like is that he has spiegler bars and triple on it for a more upright ride. Is that a good price?

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Sounds like a good price to me

·
Registered
46 Posts
If it's clean & well maintained, I'd say that's a great price.
Clean 08's are $7500 all day around here.

·
Registered
937 Posts
new to the site and thinking of moving up from my ex500 to a 08zx14 guy wants $5500 for it with only 8000miles on it. What I like is that he has spiegler bars and triple on it for a more upright ride. Is that a good price?
If the bike is OEM $5500 is a fair price. What is a "triple"?

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/3227920202.html Mileage is high but is an OBO, no matter what the Ad says. Prices seem around 20-25% higher in the Eastern US.

·
Premium Member
13,207 Posts
If the bike is OEM $5500 is a fair price. What is a "triple"?
I think he's referring to the fact that the LSL bar adapter kit from SpieglerUSA for the ZX-14 comes with a completely different top yoke rather than just a bolt-on plate in place of the stock clip-ons.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
+1
but the fact that the bike is priced thousands below value, I would have it checked out professionaly.
I wouldn't sell my mint 07 for $5500
I agree, that is the way i have bought several vehicles, case in point my sons, before i bought it have the owner follow me to a shop, the mechanic said the year matched the wear and tear and gave it a thumbs up, bought it right their and then, only cost me 50$, very well worth it

·
Registered
937 Posts
+1
but the fact that the bike is priced thousands below value, I would have it checked out professionaly.
I wouldn't sell my mint 07 for $5500
As I read this list you guys are in a different motorcycle world back there. Your used bikes are going for 15-20% higher then in the SF Bayarea. If this bike is OEM and looks excellent, chain, fairings, stock exhaust etc. he probably is good to go. If its a beater, he should pass for sure.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Canadian MSRP is always higher than US, so our resales are higher too. That's why so many used US bikes find their way into Canada. Even with the duty you can sell them at a profit if you know what to buy. I would see if the seller will allow the bike to be looked at by a professional mechanic (as suggested above by Chuck), and that the seller has a clear title (no liens or debts). 5500 is on the low side for a Canadian 08 (7500 is probably the average).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts