Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this isn't a repost, if it is sorry. hey for you guys with the o 07 model there is a way you can pull out hidden horsepower. I read the review in the roadracing world magazine in the review of the 600 class. if this isn't a repost keep me posted and i'll do the write up on it...says that it gives you guys 5 dynoed horspower! just keeping you guys posted

·
Registered
144 Posts
i've read this already, with a jumper in the ecu you can unlock the hidden map. however, i heard this actually loses you tq. I'd prefer to keep the tq since i don't get too many chances to really feel the top end. but i would like to know more about it.

also i don't think this does anything to guys with an exhaust, if i read correctly

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Testers on the 07 6r found it strange that a bike with an indicate redline of 16,500 rpm was running out of breath after 12,500 rpm. Our testers gave exactly the same feedback during our shootout.
The matter was investigate futher at the worldwide press intro and ewas told, very unofficially, that the electronic control unit (ecu) controlled inline butterfly valve in the exhaust system did not open completely at high rpm on U.S models in order to meet noise and emissions requirements. This valve however, does open completly on europena spec resulting in more horsepower at a higher rpm than the U.S models.
In the testing phase the released that the it produced 104.19 at 13,200 and 44.71 lbs.-ft at 11,500. They then contacted Ben Spies and he explained how to pull out the hidden horsepower..
Evidently there is a empty plug under the seat used for trouble shooting the fuel injection system. Here you simply take a short peice of wire, plug one end into the connector and the green/green wire and the other end into the black/yellow wire. the new result was 109.25 at 14,000 with 44.56 at 11,400

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
to user santo above the posting of the review, according to this your only loosing .20 on torque at best, but your picking up 5 on hp. so not saying these numbers mean all that, but i would gladly give up a 1 lbs of torque for 5 extra hp!!! hopefully this helped some of you guys out that didn't know it!!!! ride hard, keep it on one wheel if you can :crazyloco

·
Registered
44 Posts
:evil Yeah it works nuff said bike feels much more willing to go through the revs and it wasnt just worth 5 hp it was worth almost 10 at 14.5K and 10 for sure at 15k... Am looking into dynoing the bike soon will keep posted

·
Registered
144 Posts
ahhh, that sounds awsome then! from what i was reading before they made it sound like you where loosing a couple ftlbs. this actually sounds like a good little trick then. but again, if you have an aftermarket exhaust i suppose this does nothing? what if it's only a slip on, would this still work then with just that?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dude it made the bike much louder up top and it still is quiet down low. I really didnt notice much of a torque loss at all just a much harder pull up top!

·
Registered
79 Posts
ive noticed on my 05 that when you go to wide open throttle the power drops off a tad till you roll off the throttle slightly then it picks up again. it really sucks expecting to slow down when rolling off and instead it picks up. im going to put in the jumper.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I never knew ou could do it on the 05/06 model, now i have something to do to my bike. does it make a diff with a slip on and a power comm?

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you were to make this "jumper wire" for your bike and you had a power commander you would be waisting your time cuz the computer will not read the map from the ecu any way. now if you had exhaust and or air filter you might gain from this with out a power commander

1 - 12 of 12 Posts