Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new here and new to such streamlined and powerful machines. I just ordered my new 6R the other day and am looking forward to getting it. This thing is sweet and it apparently has all the other guys on 600's worried. That has me extatic. Hope to get to know some of you guys, and I hope you can help with any questions I have as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will post pics for sure. I went and checked out the Kawi green one yesturday and almost rode it out of there! But, I've got a thing for the black on black one. So, I suppose I'll have to wait a bit longer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's exactly what I did last year in January. After spending months watching the gallery of the 06' ninjas online, I went into the shop and sat on the Green one in stock to check sizing. I immediately told them to order my Black ZX6R and lets do the deal. I had it a week later when I returned from vacation (They had it for me in 2 days)

If you know what you want, get it :crazyloco

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm with Wolf .. as in new to the street bike scene.. I've ridden dirtbikes before but nothing of this caliber. I went to my local dealer and they said that the 07 Zx6's haven't been shipped out yet so i was wondering if the 64 that you are getting Wollf is in fact an 06 or 07. But enough from me .. nice to have a place i can go for questions.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
'07. And Hear nothing but good stuff about it. after finally seeing it in person, I think my girl friend has to compete for being the better ride! J/K. But, I will be riding this year to support the gas companies. OFTEN!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did anyone read the article in Cycle World? I think it was cycle world. The author wrote that you could jump two wires on the ECU to re-map it to Euro specs and jump it from 119 hp to 125 hp just like that. Does anyone know this trick yet?

Rueb

·
Registered
5 Posts
That would be great. I hope to get my bike next week and take it to the track the following week. I look foward to your response.

Rueb

·
Registered
57 Posts
Im still skeptical on new 6R!! Why dont they post the specs already on there damn website on weight, power, wheelbase ect........................... %^%!! What are they trying to keep hidden?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I read that thread last night and I came to the conclusion that by jumping the two wires, you perform two changes.
1. re-map
2. Allow the butterfly valve to open further on the exhaust pipe.

What happens when you put a new exhaust system on the bike?
1. With the exhaust valve and controls/ cables?
2. O2 sensors, etc...?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My bike came in yesterday... And the DUMB F&@%#$S DROPPED IT!!! so now I'm stuck waiting for the next one. I did take my deposit back though, and told them they have to make me a better deal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts