Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday on the way home while sitting in traffic it stalled out so I restarted it and made it to the next light. Light turns green and I start to go. before I even disengage the clutch I just blipped the throttle and it stalled out.

have 2300mi on the clock and had plenty fuel.

Anyone have and issues like that?

·
Registered
79 Posts
There may be an issue w/ fuel delivery/spark (or something) on this bike. I say that only because I had an issue where the damn thing just wouldn't start after it sat for 1.5 weeks. It basically required turning it over and over and over until it fired up.

I know that's not the exact same problem, but there may be a link somewhere in there.

·
Registered
144 Posts
hmm, seems i keep hearing this problem all of the sudden. alot of people with stalling and not restarting or restarting and then later on not starting up

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have kinda same issue. I've clocked my bike 4500km now, happens to me 5-6-7 times that the engine turn off by itself, notice it happen during high temperature and when changing gears, most scenarios: in the afternoon during heavy traffic. Haven't yet to consult the authorized dealers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
my 07 has about 5300 miles on it and some times when my bike gets warm, i can cut it off and it will not start back up until is sits for a while. I recently changed the plugs, thinking that it might be the problem. It wasnt. I took it to the dealership yesterday and im am picking it up tomorrow. they said all they did was an idle adjustment. and test drove it and said it was fine. im picking it up tomorrow....we'll see. ill keep you posted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. I have yet to adjust the idle up because that was the only time i have ever had the problem. It was hotter than hell that day too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts