Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the model the lights are on the bike? Ive figured out that headlights are h9 and h11 right? What is the nose light? and what are the front turn signal lights? also would car lights of the same model fit the bike? Like for example one h11 off a car? or a same model turn signal off a car? im tired of the amber and yellowish front lights. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
The nose light is a 194 and the front turn singal lights are 1156, and yes the car light will fit. They are the same....

·
Registered
275 Posts
The nose light is a 194 and the front turn singal lights are 1156, and yes the car light will fit. They are the same....
i want to put led lights to replace the stock amber turn signals. How hard are they to replace. im NOT gonna bother if the fairings need to come off

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyone know the real legality of the nose light in cali? like for example would a nice red be legal? :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I put a green light in my nose light and no cop has ever complained. Of course I wouldn't put blue in there though. Also SC cops are pretty lax compared to Cali cops.

·
Registered
379 Posts
As far as i know, as long as you have two normal head lights and no red or blue ones, you should be 100% ok as the law says you cant have the colours they use, hence the red and blue

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Im pretty sure most states have the issue with you using lights that "represent authority" so like green is no big deal but blue and red can cause issues. As far as replacing the turn signal bulbs, as long as the bulb size is the same, the base should be the same. So it should work no problem just simple plug and play

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
i replaced the center nose light with a miniture led styl bulb. its made of 6 mini leds. Its the collor of about 6000k hid bulbs. The size is a T10 bulb.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I got the UV nose light and no complaints from the cops...i guess its fine

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am trying to figure out how to change the center nose light. Can anyone explain how to change it or point me in the right direction where to find out how.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts