Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first SS so bear w/ me.

Goofing around feeling out the bike...I was in first gear, brought it up to about 50-60mph and let off the gas...felt a minor wobble from the bars. I did it again a couple more times and completely let off the bars and watched 'em go back and forth. Not very much though, maybe 1/2-1" of bar movement.

Would that be considered "normal" and "in range" for a bike like this w/o a dampener?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Look in your owners handbook or a manual if you have access and check suspension settings, fork protrusion above the triple clamps, and tire pressures, steering head tightness etc.

At the end of last year I bought an ex-demo '06 model with 1500km on it and on riding it home a distance of 130km it felt very rough.

Found that they had the front preload wound completely off.

That's from a major dealer here in Brisbane, Aus!

gammac

·
Registered
532 Posts
Got my '07 ZX6R now a month and done 1000km, I tried that on my bike and I must say it is as steady as a rock! even at 220km/hr Have not checked out top end yet!!! Suspension settings as from factory! What a bike!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Look in your owners handbook or a manual if you have access and check suspension settings, fork protrusion above the triple clamps, and tire pressures, steering head tightness etc.

At the end of last year I bought an ex-demo '06 model with 1500km on it and on riding it home a distance of 130km it felt very rough.

Found that they had the front preload wound completely off.

That's from a major dealer here in Brisbane, Aus!

gammac
I'll take a look, thx!

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey bro...

same thing here. on had the same problem on my 99 zx6r but that was usually when my tires were getting worn.

i dont if its because the bike has brand new tires that weren't balanced properly by kawi or its the bike itself. im glad you brought it up though so i know its not just mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I havent had anything like that with mine. I bought it saturday and have been riding the heck out of it since and havent noticed anything like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts