Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the issue I am having with my 07 zx6r. At high Rpm the bike bogs out and surges like there is no fuel for a second. I had the tank painted a while ago, just wondering if maybe a filter got dirty or something else. I find when my Gas tank is full or the bike hasn't been running for a long period of time it doesn't occur. Thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts
hmm, i would check and make sure the fuel hose under tank is connected correctly, or it may be kinked.Loosen tank bolts, lift tank all the way up and it will stay,up. Check fuel rail. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Exhaust butterfly (stock exhaust) not opening properly due ti damaged, broken actuatoe cables or failed actuator (FI light will be on if the actuator failed electronically). Light will not detect a ca le linkage problem.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
At what rpm does it start? If it's about 13500 you need to do the jumper mod so the exhuast valve will stay open and let you go. If this just happened all of a sudden then some of the above may be the problem. If you have done the jumper mod and this is the case your jumper has come off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help. The jumper mod was done but then I put a yosh slip on later So i am guess the wire connection is useless when the exhaust is modified. Hose is straight. Is the filter located in the fuel sending unit. Do I just blow out the little screen with compressed air?

·
Registered
870 Posts
A defective stator, voltage regulator, battery, coils, spark plugs could also present a symtom like this. Happened to my last bike.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i was haveing an issue where the butterfly valve that i had welded opend broke lose and closed i lost all power above 7000.welded the shit out of it this time no problems anymore

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Im new on here....but I had the same problem on my bike..It was cutting out at around 7k when I really started to get into the meat of the powerband. Mine was a kinked fuel line. It looked fine when I put the tank back on (It did not look kinked), but apparently it was... I put a 3 inch reinforced line on and it runs awesome now. Just a thought...

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey everyone!

I'm having an issue with my 2007 zx10 with 18000 miles....its bucking and surging from aprox 5500 rpm and continues throughout the rpm band. I can make it do this in any gear...almost seams like it's missing. when it stops bucking it accelerates like crazy also.
mods are
k&n air filter
yosh slip on
pcIII
vortex sliders and rearsets
pazzo levers
6k HID's
sprockets -1 front +2 rear
I've done plugs and flushed the fuel system,even disconnected the pcIII. still no change! fuel pressure right in spec...44 psi key on engine off and 44 running.
If anyone has any ideas I would be very happy to hear.

does anyone know what the fuel pressure is supposed to be?

Thanks
Doug

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Check your pump, I painted my tank and had the exact same problem. Turned out i had paint flecks in the tank which plugged the pump.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bump.

Put an ecu on today, cranked the bike up and it runs. But when I get into powerband it bogs out like its getting flooded. Running a little rough too, as well as sometimes there's a flame hangin out at the end of the exhaust. Factory ecu off the same year. 09 zx6r. Any ideas?

Fuel lines are fine, filter etc. Sat up for 3 months but I put fresh gas and injector cleaner in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Still no luck running seafom w/gas and have fuel pump on order. fuel lines not kinked, no codes,7000rpm and up any gear no power at all. will check tps sensors this weekend. Also butterfly valve are good w/or without jumper mod.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Is it a problem in all gears or just above a certain speed? If it's just a problem above 50MPH or so check to make sure your vacuum lines are routed properly. The bike needs to "know" it has ram air intake pressure to feed the engine the proper amount of fuel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts