Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first bike, and the owners manual says that to get to the fuse box you need to "remove the front inner fairing." Either I am retarded, or Kaw made the fuse box a bitch to get to. Can someone explain in plain english how to access the fuse box? BTW - Im not positive I know what the "front inner fairing" is, so if you could explain by using terms like "screw in front of the brake lever" that would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Ok, start with the bike parked on the sidestand and the steering locked to the left.

Standing on the RIGHT side of the bike next to the clip-ons and gas tank.

Look down. Under the clip on is a black piece of textured plastic. Under this, is the fuse box. To remove the plastic, you need to remove the screw that goes through the red fairing and the black plastic right next to the frame. It is helpful also if you remove or at least loosen the fairing screw right at the top of the fairing (not the two that join the mid and upper together - the one by itself toward the middle of the bike). Then you need to pull the mid fairing out to get the black textured piece out from under it. Then pull it to the back of the bike to remove it (there are two rubber mounted tabs that hold it in place at the front).

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
While we're on topic...how would I access the fuse box on my 2003 636...I believe the box is under my seat but I don't have a manual yet...

·
Registered
234 Posts
So what did you need to get to the fuse box for?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the explaination

I needed to know were it was cuz i put some flush mount blinkers on my bike, and not thinkin forgot to tape up the connectors and they touched and blew a fuze :) dumb move on my part lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts