Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

Just looking for some input on this topic. I am looking to invest in a quality set of frame sliders this season. This is a bike I like and plan on keeping for a long time to come. First, what in your opinion is one of the best sets of sliders around, anything better from one company to another?

My biggest thing is I dont want to cut the factory plastics, so no cut sliders are very appealing. However, all of the best looking sliders I have seen require cutting. I havent found any install instructions, does anyone have a picture of how much cutting is required?

Please help me make this decision. Right now I am looking mainly at SATO no cut sliders, R&G Aero Sliders, and lastly the LSL sliders, which definitely seem to be the most "interesting" and in theory, the best protection.

Thanks,

Garret.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have Shogun on mine. Can't comment on if they are better than other brands but the install was easy and no cutting required.

Here are a few pics of my bike with them installed.

hey guys,

Just looking for some input on this topic. I am looking to invest in a quality set of frame sliders this season. This is a bike I like and plan on keeping for a long time to come. First, what in your opinion is one of the best sets of sliders around, anything better from one company to another?

My biggest thing is I dont want to cut the factory plastics, so no cut sliders are very appealing. However, all of the best looking sliders I have seen require cutting. I havent found any install instructions, does anyone have a picture of how much cutting is required?

Please help me make this decision. Right now I am looking mainly at SATO no cut sliders, R&G Aero Sliders, and lastly the LSL sliders, which definitely seem to be the most "interesting" and in theory, the best protection.

Thanks,

Garret.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I cant remember the brand name of mine, im going to say the same as cdn_ws6 since they look the same. After my girlfriend smashed my car into my bike by accident and the fairings were messed up and i was waiting for new ones, i tought her how to ride my bike. She dropped it twice, both on the left side. The frame slider took the whole impact and worked pefectly.

They were easy to install and required no cutting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i went with t-rex. i paid like $75 for sliders, ends, and spools. I'll try to get pictures. They're nice quality too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have woodcraft sliders...the only cutting required is on the right side. The left side fit with no cutting required (Dont ask me why but thats how kawasaki designed there Fairings.)

But It was only a half circle that I needed to cut and it was super easy with a dremel.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have woodcraft sliders...the only cutting required is on the right side. The left side fit with no cutting required (Dont ask me why but thats how kawasaki designed there Fairings.)

But It was only a half circle that I needed to cut and it was super easy with a dremel.

I have the exact same ones as Sixxer. Woodcraft sliders are awsome and a very easy install. To cut mine I installed the sliders, then lined up the right fairing and took a rotary drill bit on my power drill and slowly cut out a 1/2" section, then I sanded the section down to fit exactly. Took a half hour for both sides. Well worth it.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Just fyi, if you get no cut sliders they don't do anything when and if you go down. My mother in law back into my bike about a year ago and when it it it snapped the no cut slider it too. I would recommend paying a little more or you are wasting your money. Just my .02 but these are the sliders I got.

And I think the guy i bought the bike from had the shogun no-cut sliders on them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts