Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My co-worker's brother has a Kawasaki sponsorship. Him and a couple of teammates received a few 07 6R's. When they were setting the bikes up for the racing season they did an inital dyno to baseline the bikes and the got an average of 92 rwhp. To me...this sounds low! Any opinions?

·
Registered
164 Posts
It does but then again it doesn't....I have a '05 636 and the first completely stock run I did was only 106 rwhp....I was always led to believe it was closer to 120...but i guess the factory does crank hp...kinda like in cars

·
Registered
379 Posts
It does but then again it doesn't....I have a '05 636 and the first completely stock run I did was only 106 rwhp....I was always led to believe it was closer to 120...but i guess the factory does crank hp...kinda like in cars
When i had my 05' 636 i ran it on a DynoJet dyno and ran 118.6 on the back wheel and that was stock. With the BMC filter and ARATA slip on, it went to 126.8 on the back wheel. Apparently that was good.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Giving Kawi's factory horsepower rating, minus losses through drivetrain and a little horsepower stacking. This shouldn't add up to 25%. I wonder how the other big 3 stack up against rated and rear wheel hp. Not that this is a big deal, it was only one dyno result and it could be off a bit. :rant

·
Registered
114 Posts
MY '07 came in at 97.5 after a tune with Two Bros slip-on. This was an uncorrected rwhp. Done in AZ in 85 degree temps @ 1200 ft elevation and no ram-air attachements.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts