Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I ordered in a pair of rearsets to replace the broken foot break on my Ninja. The rear sets were advertised as fitting 07-12 ZX6R, and everything seems to bolt on okay except for the rear brake line. By eye, it seems to be somewhere between 3 to 4 inches off. Are brake lines for the newer bikes longer? Or is there a place where I can go to order them with a set length. Most of what I pulled up online doesn't have the lines actual dimensions; they just ask for your year and model. Hopefully if I can get this done and over with I can enjoy my bike a little bit more before winter sets in.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is to the caliper. The one from the reservoir looks easy enough to change out. Since I can't figure out how to get the ends off and on onto a longer line, I was just thinking about buying one. But I don't want to buy one too short, I was thinking if the lines to the newer models are longer and use the same threading, why not buy those.

· Registered
294 Posts
What brand rearsets?

On some brands they require a longer rear brake line, but they usually tell you so on the website. When I bought my Attack's I special ordered a extended rear line from Spiegler to make them work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.