Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if any one else has had there new zx6 to fall over because that tall kick stand my fell over while i was washing my bike cracked fairing broke mirror and front brake lever . I gonna shortin mine just wondering how much to cut of i was 1/2 to and 1 inch tops just wondering what anyone else thoughts were

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah that damn kick stand sucks. The second day i had my bike it fell over cause i thought the damn kickstand was engaged. Just ended up with a few scratches though, but damn it broke my heart.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you want a stock part that fits, goto www.kawasaki.com and do a parts lookup for the ZZR 600. Part # 34024-1345

This kickstand fits the 07 zx6r perfectly. It is 1" shorter and the only difference is it is a high gloss finish vs the matte black. I have installed it and it's very easy. The lean angle is much nicer and no worries!

·
Registered
264 Posts
That must be one of the hidden meanings behind the ad "track bike first, street bike second". Kick stand is useless in everyday parking lots. Even a 1/4" shorter would make a difference. It blows my mind...my bike is almost perfectly straight on the kickstand and its just an accident waiting to happen.

·
Registered
526 Posts
can this be considered a "mod" :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have a question about the kick stand. My friend has a 05 zzr 600 when his kick stand is down he can start it in gear with the clutch in. when mine is in gear it wont let you start it at all. Does switching the kick stand effect any thing on that switch? Sorry if its a stupid question.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I don't have my 6R with me at work today to look at (rode my Honda in) but on the Honda there is a button under the engine that when the kick stand is up it pushes it in. If the bikes in neutral it will start regardless but if it's in gear the engine won't crank and it will die if it's already running. It's a safety measure so you don't ride off with the kickstand down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know for a fact it will start in neutral regardless but if the kick stand is down it will not start in gear.....But my friends zzr 600 will start in gear as long as the clutch is in thats the differance between them. didnt know if would effect any thing. once u try to move the bike dies like it should though. thanks

David

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine (07 ZX6R) will start with the stand down and in gear if the clutch is pulled in. I found this out when I let off the clutch and my bike died. :banghead

It's a safety feature that is definatley NICE! I had an 87 750 Ninja that I left the stand down and almost wrecked making that dreaded left turn. :withstupid

·
Registered
17 Posts
Unfortunetly I have within the first week I owned it...someone told me that Kawasaki will send you a new kickstand if you contact them...I emailed them once....no reply....I think I am gonna have to call them...
i called they said they couldnt do anything but log it on thier files and to take it into the dealer to have them look at it but as far as somethin shorter sent they said no. So dont waste your time calling them:angry

·
Registered
275 Posts
i called they said they couldnt do anything but log it on thier files and to take it into the dealer to have them look at it but as far as somethin shorter sent they said no. So dont waste your time calling them:angry
im looking to buy a newer one maybe i can get them to replace it with the 636 version before i even leave with it

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hmm...Thanks....kinda disapointing....but maybe if enough people call and they log it maybe there will be a recall...lol maybe???

1 - 20 of 73 Posts