Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a kid tring to get me to trade my mustang for a 07 red ZX10. He has dropped it twice so there are some scratches. I could eather fix the plastics he has on the bike or buy a flea bay set. Basically just want to turn around and resell it. Not really looking to make any thing more off of his bike but my mustang is worth at least $6000 wich is what I found the only 07 ZX10 around here selling for.

I'm thinking $1500 cash and the bike with a clear tittle. He has nice stock exhaust to go with it , frame seems to have been untouched , bone stock 8,2XX miles on it. What do you guys think? What's a good price for a nice 07 ZX10? Just think it may be easyer to sell the bike vs a 22 year old hot rod.

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
I probably wouldn't trade a Mustang that I know is worth $6,000 for a bike that you don't know its worth and has been down. Seems like an unnecessary gamble if all you're planning to do is re-sell.

I'd also have to think the Mustang market is hotter than the 07 ZX-10 market but that's just a guess.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really , the car sceen has gone to hell in a hand basket here. Between rising gas prices , idiot kids who can barely check tire pressure and don't get me started on tring to find someone who can actually drive a stick... Things just aren't what they use to be. Even the ricers are dieing off around here. It's all trucks , cobalts and bikes any more. I damn near can't find a race any more , and if I do it's some smartass kid with a srt4 neon who is to dumb to realize my starter makes more torke than his car... Really sad to say but american muscle seems to be a thing of the past.

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Not really , the car sceen has gone to hell in a hand basket here. Between rising gas prices , idiot kids who can barely check tire pressure and don't get me started on tring to find someone who can actually drive a stick... Things just aren't what they use to be. Even the ricers are dieing off around here. It's all trucks , cobalts and bikes any more. I damn near can't find a race any more , and if I do it's some smartass kid with a srt4 neon who is to dumb to realize my starter makes more torke than his car... Really sad to say but american muscle seems to be a thing of the past.
Sorry to hear it.

Strange though, it seems to be the opposite elsewhere. Even up here I see countless new model Mustangs, Cameros, Challengers, Chargers etc. The things are running rampant.

Now the classic American muscle is few and far between mind you. Perhaps if that is the case you should consider the trade with cash on top. At least that way if the bike ends up selling for less than 6k/costing you in repairs you cover the loss.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol maybe I'll ship my mustang up to you and let you sell it lol. I don't know , it's just a thought at this point. Tring to do some homework before I tell the guy yes or no.

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Lol maybe I'll ship my mustang up to you and let you sell it lol. I don't know , it's just a thought at this point. Tring to do some homework before I tell the guy yes or no.
And that's a reasonable thing to do. My thinking is that the negatives of buying a damaged bike and spending time/money on repairing it so its an easy re-sell outweighs the positives. The positives in this case only appear to be a faster sale than the Mustang? I can't imagine getting much more than 6k for a downed 07 ZX-10.

Have you actively been trying to sell the Mustang to make the assessment that it will be hard to sell? After all that kid wants it so whose to say there aren't others out there.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea , this is the second time I've tried to sell it. Everyone wants it just no one seems to have cash who wants it but the bikes seem to selling good.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I desided to pass on it thanks blue. Just not sure I can part with the stang :(. That damn car is going to be the death of me... If my girl doesn't succeed first lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts