Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I just picked up my Silver and "Persimmon" Red ZX-6 from the shop a couple days ago and I'm just kind of planning out some mods before the end of the summer. I want to put a new exhaust on it but with the new undertail configuration I know I will have to make other adjustments. Frame Sliders will be on order soon. I hear the Shogun "no-cut" ones work good. But right now its bone stock for break-in so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome - nice color! Just ride it and enjoy it now through break-in. Have some fun!

Definately, I agree the Shogun sliders are very practical and relatively easy to install. Just be careful not to mess up the frame bolts - they are very tight. See the threads here on that..

I'm playing the waiting game on exhaust. Put in a Power Commander in the meantime, but want to see who else comes out with an exhaust and see what maps appear for the PC3.... until then, the stock is fine for me...

Hey everyone I just picked up my Silver and "Persimmon" Red ZX-6 from the shop a couple days ago and I'm just kind of planning out some mods before the end of the summer. I want to put a new exhaust on it but with the new undertail configuration I know I will have to make other adjustments. Frame Sliders will be on order soon. I hear the Shogun "no-cut" ones work good. But right now its bone stock for break-in so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome, nice bike. Get some pics up of it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeah I sure will will ASAP. Working 3rd the next few days but they will come. Never used a PC before are you talking about like the DynoJet PCIII or are there other brands?

and thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
nice

·
Registered
200 Posts
very nice.

might i suggest a few mods to start with (keep in mind it's totally up to you).

remove the front reflectors
remove the fender, i took the one off my wife's '07 gsxr and replaced it w/ two L brackets for $1.39 and a LED plate light for $7.39. i know some fender eliminators are very pricey.

oh, by the way, FLY NAVY! :moon

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you are planning on removing the fender I can send you some pics and some instructions on how I did mine. You can do it with the angle iron and put your plate on the back, or the way I did it where you can mount your plate under your tail. I will get some pics up later.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.. I'm probably going to wait on the fender because the local shop said they were getting the Two Brothers pipe for it soon and it comes with a fender elminator basically, new taillight, turn signals..etc. Yeah the weather has been spotty here so i've only gotten 200 miles on it. Anyone know a way to fix minor paint blemishes. My cousin was sitting on my bike and dropped it ... i caught it mostly but broke a footpeg and there is a tiny bit of rash on the front right fairing.. Thanks..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts