Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a thread for the '06 zx-6r and saw how much people paid but saw nothing for the 07. not sure if the price varies bc the engine and all changed.
im looking to purchase one and would like to know what type of deal i can work out.
i called a dealer about 2hours away and he said low 8's a local dealer told me $8800 and that the other guy is going to add on extras to make up for price.
the first guy wont commit to an actual price till i actually go there (just a ball park figure)and i dont want to waist a trip.
thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Find out what it would out the door. I know mine was marked up sky high but i got luck and knew the sales person who worked at Berts where i bought my bike. At the time msrp was 8,900. I got it for 10,000 out the door. Wasn't too bad for getting it the 2nd day it hit the floor there.

·
Registered
131 Posts
With my new 06 636 that I just got as a left over the original price was 8,799. I brought some cash and said will you take 8,000 they said yes. Then they made a huge mistake with me by giving me a false quote on insurance through there company. So I walked out and gave them some time to think about it. So they called me back and I got a free helmet and got the bike price down to around 7,500.........Man didnt I luck out!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow that sounds like a great deal.i guess they do have some room to work with bc one guy said that $8200 is less then what they paid for the bike. he was bs'ing i guess

·
Registered
649 Posts
Sales is all about BS'in.... Don't take their first offer, make them sweat a little and try to make you a better offer. They will always try and tell you that they can't do any better. I did sales for many, many years and have learned one thing above all..... the salesman can always find a way to do a better deal. It also seems that at the end of the month, several hours before closing time is a great time to give a low-ball offer!!!!!!!!!!! And even better at the end of the fiscal 1/4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just got it today $9200 out the door including tax(8.125%) tags,and what ever else they charge and i didnt have to drive 2 hours.. just 20 mins. :crazyloco too bad its freezing out. there were a few snow flurries today. otherwise i would be out riding right now

·
Registered
191 Posts
OMG I'm SO JEALOUS Icy--- which color did you get?? and also my friend got an R6 like 2 years ago. It was $8000 but paid cash and got it for like $6200. I'm looking 2 buy my 07-zx-6r cash also. Anyone think I'll be able 2 get at least $1000 off the price?? And not 2 sound like an idiot, but what all exactly is "outthedoor"?

·
Registered
131 Posts
The price they put on the tag is not accurate......There are destination fees...paper work fees........just a bunch of bullshit fees so your price will most likely go up 1000 dollars at the least. So you add that to the price they put on the tag and tahts "out the door"

·
Registered
184 Posts
Kawasaki also offers dealers .5% hold back and rebates on each bike.
I bought a 06 ZX10 on Dec-23-06 sticker price was $11299.00 and we don't pay sticker.
Dealer invoice was $9799.00
Kawi rebate .5% = $450 = $9349.00
Kawi holdback .5%= $450 = $8900.00
+/- a buck total dealer price.
Add setup $275 and doc fee's $40.
Dealer actual price is right around $9300.00
I paid $9800 (we agreed on $500.00 profit)
Your in business to make a profit not break even.
+ .6% sales tax $10400.00 otd

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I got lucky, i got my 06 10r for 8600 otd.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
dam how much is the tax and all that in your state? how much was the actual bike?
mine was $8500 before tax and title and all
and anyone get any extra accesories for free? i.e. helmet, jacket, gloves, motorcycle cover stuff like that

·
Registered
144 Posts
$9500 out the door for me, and I also got two helmets. One of which is the Icon Domain Matte black, mmmmmm and my girl picked out a pink one -_-

1 - 20 of 27 Posts