Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys -

Two days ago I came home with my first bike, a green 07 ZX-6R:mfclap , but the dealership forgot to put the manual in the rear of the bike. It looks like Im gunna have to wait for a week until it comes, and the Kaw web site wont let you view one. Anyone know where I can find one online?

I'm particularly interested in what the manual says about the break in period and how to operate the computer.

Also, these bikes have a dummy light for low fuel right? Anyone know when or where it comes on?

Thanks a bunch, bikes are still a bit foreign to me!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Basically as far as the break in period goes it says not to exceed 4,000 rpm for the first 500 miles and 6,000 for the first 1,000 miles. Which is pretty much impossible if you plan on getting on a highway. I was trying at first but in 6th gear at 4,000 I was only doing about 50mph. Just go easy on the rpms and keep them as close to what the manual calls for as you can while still maintaning the speed limit. It also says to turn on the bike and let it warm up for 2 minutes before riding it and don't rev the engine really high with the bike in neutral. The most important thing is to make sure you get an oil change at 600 miles. During the break in period metal shaving are going to accumulate in the oil. It's very important to get the first oil change at 600 miles to clean all those shaving out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think the gas light comes on when there is .9 gallons left in the tank. The gas light will start to blink and the odometer will say FUEL and start blinking.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just so that you know how important the oil change it... I did my own oil change at 800 miles and I could see the metal shavings... Looks like glitter.. Change it for real!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
yeah the book says .9 gallons of gas left when the light comes on, but it's closer to 2 gallons, at least for me it was. if it does stall out low on fuel, i was able to tip mine a couple times to get it to start and get to the nearest gas station

1 - 6 of 6 Posts