Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am taking the bike in Monday,Has oil leak at left top of engine,Louder then normal ticking noise(built 3/07),Loud rattling in left rear when cruising.Sounds like chain is about to come off.And to think it only has 600 miles on it so far.Will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howd you discover the oil leak? Did you have your fairings off when you noticed the leak or was it visable with em on? Just so I know what to check out...

good luck with the repairs...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The oil was on the lower part of the fairing and I cleaned it and then rode it for a day and found more oil this morning.I rechecked the oil this evening and found that it is over full.Chain has alot of play in it also.I think that is the rattling noise.

·
Registered
87 Posts
was gonna say, dont mean to be rude but have you tried tightening the chain? oil leak dont sound good though:headscratch hope us brits dont have the same bad luck some of you guys seem to be having:rolleyes

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tightened chain yesterday and rode again in the morning and rattling is still there.Oil seems to be leaking slowly.I am not worried.Talked with dealer yesterday and they already ordered the updated parts for the ticking noise.So who know how long it will take.

·
Registered
101 Posts
tightened chain yesterday and rode again in the morning and rattling is still there.Oil seems to be leaking slowly.I am not worried.Talked with dealer yesterday and they already ordered the updated parts for the ticking noise.So who know how long it will take.
At last, someone else with the rattling noise! Mine's been like that since about the second week I had it and I know it's not the chain. I've tried looking at everything but can't find what it is. Probably best described as a cluncking sound rather than a rattle and it's intermittent. Can go for miles without it and then it will happen several times over a short distance.

I also have a rattling noise which comes from around the headstock at slow speed for the first few minutes of every trip. After that it goes away. Haven't got a clue what that is either? :headscratch

·
Registered
103 Posts
Makes me glad that i traded in my 07 zx6r for my 10r =\

·
Registered
116 Posts
When I was picking up my bike after having the 600 mile service done there was a guy there with a black 07 6r that was inquiring about his chain coming off on him, twice! The second time it damaged the left side of the engine case. The guy had it less than 30 days because he still had the temp tag on it. I didn't get a chance to look at the alignment of the chain/sprockets, but the engine case didn't look too good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts