Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

07 wont start

588 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  greddy_1700 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

So I just finished putting my bike back together after doing my valve clearance check, and installing new spark plugs, air filter, kleen air plates, and a manual cam chain tensioner and it wont start. It is something I am not familiar with, the bike has full power, lights appear bright, but when I hit the start button my start solenoid makes a loud click, but the bike doesnt turn over. Now this is different then the typical low battery click where the solenoid clicks rapidly, this one clicks the one time right as i press the button.

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? And I had the battery tested fine, and charged it just to be sure and it still wont start.

Thanks,

Garret.

#2 ·
Well, turns out the place I got to check my battery might be retarded. I am going to another battery shop this afternoon to get it tested. I really hope thats all my problem is, I am just getting paranoid that I screwed something up when putting the bike back together.

#3 ·
sounds like a battery issue.

#4 ·
Turns out my starter drive gear was binding somehow. I took off the stater cover, removed the gear, watched the starter work, put it back on and the bike started.

Next problem, now the bike wont stay running... Hope I didnt screw up the timing when I did my valve clearance check...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.