Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s said to hold 4.5 liters, 0.9 for the reserve. My fuel indicator seems to come on when there’re still 2 liters in the tank.

I usually pump gas right after the indicator comes on. Every time it only takes around 2.5 liters to fill it up. I reset my trip meter every time too. It gets around 115 miles every time then the light comes on. (All during normal riding)

Is this normal or a bit low? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It’s said to hold 4.5 liters, 0.9 for the reserve. My fuel indicator seems to come on when there’re still 2 liters in the tank.

I usually pump gas right after the indicator comes on. Every time it only takes around 2.5 liters to fill it up. I reset my trip meter every time too. It gets around 115 miles every time then the light comes on. (All during normal riding)

Is this normal or a bit low? Thanks for the help.
dont you mean gallons?

·
Registered
582 Posts
17 litre tank capacity. 3.5 litre after indicator comes on in the '06 handbook,
meaning 13.5 L before it comes on. I usually get around 18-19km/L with normalish riding and I've had up to 260 km (160 miles) befor the indicator comes on. I usually fill up around 220-240km just to be sure.
gammac

·
Registered
264 Posts
Wow. You are getting some good mileage. Either my light is coming on a little premature or I might have to adjust my driving habbits. I get anywheres from 150-185 km before my light comes on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow. You are getting some good mileage. Either my light is coming on a little premature or I might have to adjust my driving habbits. I get anywheres from 150-185 km before my light comes on.
the problem is with these bikes... is they are damn quick... and the more I ride it around, the more I tend to open the throttle... scary.. never really noticed what mileage I get on the fuel..... mainly cos I dont drive it economically... :crazyloco

·
Registered
92 Posts
over 120....lots of throttle light comes at 130....very conservative 60- 80 I get 160 when the light comes on.............if you are getting 115 and doing "normal" riding --- that sounds like it is running WAY too rich.........

·
Registered
582 Posts
Should qualify my above. The start and end of my riding is back country roads. Little or no traffic, trundle along at about 130kph with only sundry wildlife to watch out for. On major roads I tend to go with the flow and tag along behind whoever is going a respectable speed. Not being the bunny in front means I don't have to make contributions to politician's retirement funds. More exuberant riding is for trackdays and then consumption comes down to about 13km/L.
gammac

1 - 8 of 8 Posts