Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am in need of some help. Last year, i let my bike sit for a few weeks before attempting to ride it again. When i tried to start it, the dash lights would fade out and I would hear a clicking sound. I figured it was the battery, so I purchased a new one.

Even with the charged new battery the bike does the same thing. A technician at a local shop mentioned that it might be a relay and suggested I hold a screw driver over the relay and it should start if it was in fact a bad relay. The bike still would not start.

Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas? I am hesitant to take it to a dealership service center because I know it will likely be an expensive fix due to the high labor cost.

I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
check out the zx6r forum. check fuses, connections, corrosion. try jumping the bike. do you know where the sound is coming from? worse comes to worse its your starter/ignition switch. Relay is going to be expensive unless you know of a relay from a different vehicle will work in place of the oem one. My dad needed a relay for is kawi and found out that toyota uses the same relay for their vehicles and it was reasonably less too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts