Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an 06 ZX-6R. I want exhaust! Any Recommendations? I saw at Laguna Seca the Hamaguchi Ti System from Sudco and fell in love. Does anyone have that system? How is the power? Comparable to Arata?

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Akrapovic Slip on here. I love it!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Arata will make more power. 4 into 2 into 1 systems always make the most power, not 4-2-1-2 systems like the stock ones on the R1 and 10R. I guess their all just like new bikes, buy the one you like, since they're all so similar. I really like the sound of the Arata though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Arata and Sato make KILLER slipons WRT pure power gains. My 636 picked up 10 hp w/ an Arata SO, jumper wire mod and custom map. The Sato SO w/ Dan Kyle map is about the same.

·
Registered
18 Posts
why doesn't anybody run muzzy????????? isn't it "the" exhaust for kawasaki? I got my bike about a year ago, haven't moded the motor, exhaust system, or anything at all yet. but when I do, I'm either going with muzzy or termignoni

·
Registered
12 Posts
Muzzy's gone from the racing scene unfortunately, I don't know if the company itself went out of business, but its suppliers are just selling off the rest off stock. It was pricey back then.... but look at the prices now... there's no real racing support to constantly make it the best for Kawi's anymore. I say go with the Akra or the Arata or for more looks... Two Bros

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have a custom..

i had the polished yoshimura rs-5 but didnt like the tone

so i choped it in half, removed about half the remaining baffles left in the remaining half of the pipe and painted it flat black leaving the tip bronze.

i love it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have just put the new Arata on mine and my god this thing sounds amazing and in all honesty with no jokes, you can actually feel a complete change in mid range power. Just a slip on and it works and sounds sweet

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have an 05 zx6r and i want to put an exaust on it. i have heard that u actually lose power unless u dyno and tune it after because of the loss in back pressure, just wondering if u guys do anything after putting on a slip on or if the gains are just from the exaust itself. thanx

·
Registered
151 Posts
im runnin a yosh rs5 as well wanted the ti force dual system. hard to beat the price on the yosh. when i put mine on i just did the slip on for now and it sounds like i have some heavey race cams on it or something. sounds beautiful at 160 too;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
well i have talked to a few people about dynoing it after intallation. i doesn't hurt to put it on a dyno after a slip on, but it isn't nes! if you went with a full system that absolutely. i would recomend doing a slip on application with a powercomando, and you'll be happy with the results....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts