Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Just got her back today from round one of my winter mods. She made 185whp on the dyno, but I hope to make more with the custom tune. She's on a basic dynojet program now, but running much better & zero pooping from the voo doo. Big difference with the sprockets, bmc filter, flies removed & the PC5 etc... Didn't get on it too much with the cold roads & new tires.

Next up is 2" lowering front/rear, mps shifter install & then have it custom mapped. Just ordered my kill box & I'm excited for the spring.

Here's the full specs:
Cosmetics:
-flat black respray
-custom airbrushing
-green demon eye headlights, green led running lights
-modded stock rear fender
-monster blade levers
-monster energy wheelset
-monster fuel cap
-monster seat skin
-chrome blade heel guards
-spike: triple tree, windscreen, sliders, swingarm spools, bar ends, oil cap, front axle
-res caps/covers
-frame plug set
-custom rear pass peg block off plugs
-vortex rear sprocket
-driven grips
-fat 300 foot pegs
-cycle pirates shift/brake lever
-hid high beams 6k
-roaring toyz kickstand

Performance:
-gpr steering damper
-dynojet PC5
-voo doo exhaust
-bmc air filter
-green coated ss brake lines
-ek 530 green chain
-stomp grip
-flies out
-1+2 Vortex sprockets
-brocks links/strap kit
-muzzy fan
-200 tire

still to do:
-mps air shifter
-custom map FBF
-brembo calipers
-galfer rotors F&R
-green led kit
-brocks alien head fp
-velocity stacks

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
nice setup, i am normally a bling bling guy, but gotta love the halo's on the head bucket with the designes. also very first time seeing green halos installed. i have done red and blue and now the have the multi colors, very nice bro.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Looks good now you have to get in the ride of the month contest

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good now you have to get in the ride of the month contest
Thank you everyone!

I just may have to enter it, but I'll wait till I get it lowered & get the air shifter on etc... I just snapped those pics with a point n shoot so I'll have to get some better pics with my buddies dslr.

I'm sure this bike isn't everyones taste, but I'm in the tattoo business p/t & it fits my personality. This bike is still great fun to ride & I get asked about it alot. It's becoming more of a theme type build especially after I do the wide tire/turbo, but after those parts go on she's gonna be more of a bike night/drag strip kinda bike. I want to pick up a new kawi for a more practical street bike.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Thank you everyone!

I just may have to enter it, but I'll wait till I get it lowered & get the air shifter on etc... I just snapped those pics with a point n shoot so I'll have to get some better pics with my buddies dslr.

I'm sure this bike isn't everyones taste, but I'm in the tattoo business p/t & it fits my personality. This bike is still great fun to ride & I get asked about it alot. It's becoming more of a theme type build especially after I do the wide tire/turbo, but after those parts go on she's gonna be more of a bike night/drag strip kinda bike. I want to pick up a new kawi for a more practical street bike.

Great personal custom. What blower are you going to use?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Cool halos!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great personal custom. What blower are you going to use?
Not sure yet? I'm doing the research now. I plan to get the shifter on, bike lowered & a custom map while I save $, then do the swingarm, wide tire, turbo all in one shot next year.

any recommendations?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Not sure yet? I'm doing the research now. I plan to get the shifter on, bike lowered & a custom map while I save $, then do the swingarm, wide tire, turbo all in one shot next year.

any recommendations?
When I was considering putting a turbo on my former ZX-11, a friend recommended Mr. Turbo, because that was the set-up he put on his. About
$ 4,000.00. Check them out if you want:

http://www.mrturbo.com/

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Brocks links are on & the muzzy fan:

I have a brocks strap kit for the front too, but will prob only use it at the track. Waiting for a few parts yet on hte mps shifter, but hope to have that done within the next 2-3 weeks then it's off for a custom map. Sorry for the iphone pic, but that's all I had on hand.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does anyone run their strap kit on the street? I thought about putting it on, but not cranking it down fully?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Just had a pro photoshoot done more details later on. I just had my airshifter parts sent out to powdercoat finally. I had to wait for the perfect shade of green to be mixed up, but it's worth the wait to do it right. Also had to have some parts fabbed up.

Heading over to the local bike shop to finalize some new purchases brembo calipers, galfer rotors, new front lines, full led kit, stacks & a new dyno tune by fbf

Haven't updated this thread for so long cause I've been doing so much riding. I've abandonded the turbo/wide tire/swingarm idea. A few more performance, brake, cosmetic upgrades & I'm good. After I priced everything out it would have cost me the price of a new bike to get her boosted the right way & even though I work hard for everything I have it just seemed like pissing $ away. I just decided to try to hit 200whp all motor & I'll put on a 50 shot if I ever need a boost. She's still a blast to ride.

·
Registered
937 Posts

any recommendations?
Mr. Turbo is worth looking into. I think there are some Mr. Turbo '14s on this forum. Great effect to have the green halos reflect off the monster-green fender flames.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
I can see you are addicted to this bike which is good.
I think maybe you are the benefactor of a very optimistic dyno/operator. The numbers are quite high. 200 RWHP without internal motor mods will require nitrous. You said you are forgetting the turbo setup. Bigger pistons and cams with the upgraded support systems will cost more than a turbo setup.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can see you are addicted to this bike which is good.
I think maybe you are the benefactor of a very optimistic dyno/operator. The numbers are quite high. 200 RWHP without internal motor mods will require nitrous. You said you are forgetting the turbo setup. Bigger pistons and cams with the upgraded support systems will cost more than a turbo setup.
I hear you the last dyno slip I have she made 185whp. There have been some lower & higher #'s but this last slip was done in a reputable shop. I see the 185 consistently on some bike day dyno's etc... I don't really plan to do internals, but I'm lucky to live close to a shop called fast by ferracci:
http://www.ferracci.com/about/about.php
who is supposed to be one of the best east coast dyno tuners. When I get the full pipe on & the velocity stacks I'm going to have them dyno tune it. They said it'll be about 3-5 hours with the pcv. Then whatever slip they give me that's what I'll stand by.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

My wife snapped a pic of me on sat. Took her out for some local riding with a few buddies. She's going in the shop on sat for some work & I won't have her for 2-3 weeks but it'll be well worth it.

·
Registered
937 Posts

My wife snapped a pic of me on sat. Took her out for some local riding with a few buddies. She's going in the shop on sat for some work & I won't have her for 2-3 weeks but it'll be well worth it.
You have skeleton gloves, in your pic. Mid '80s I was in the AFM and we raced at Sears Point, aka Infineon. At our annual Halloween race, one of our guys showed up with black race leathers and a white leather skeleton sewed on those leathers.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts