Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’m new to the forums but I haven’t really found what I’m looking for so I figured I’d try to make one myself and see what y’all think.

I have a 06 zx10r and when I’m in first gear starting to take off I’ll get up to like 4k rpm and it’ll just slip from 1st back to neutral and I’ll basically rev bomb the piss out of the bike and then I will have to just skip to 2nd and it’ll shift up good from there the clutch let’s out almost at the end so i don’t know if that has anything to do with it maybe clutch is going out I’m really hoping it’s just that rather then the trans the chain seems tight I haven’t looked at the sprockets yet I got the bike and the guy couldn’t get it started it ended up being the cam shaft sensor was just unplugged and missing the bolt I haven’t really taken a motor apart on a motorcycle yet so it’s all still new to me and also when I went to get the bike the guy had pushed it up his yard to his driveway and when I got it home I noticed dirt on the pegs and frame sliders on the shifter side as if he had dropped it would that have anything to do with it

· Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
5,169 Posts
Hey guys I’m new to the forums but I haven’t really found what I’m looking for so I figured I’d try to make one myself and see what y’all think.

I have a 06 zx10r and when I’m in first gear starting to take off I’ll get up to like 4k rpm and it’ll just slip from 1st back to neutral and I’ll basically rev bomb the piss out of the bike and then I will have to just skip to 2nd and it’ll shift up good from there the clutch let’s out almost at the end so i don’t know if that has anything to do with it maybe clutch is going out I’m really hoping it’s just that rather then the trans the chain seems tight I haven’t looked at the sprockets yet I got the bike and the guy couldn’t get it started it ended up being the cam shaft sensor was just unplugged and missing the bolt I haven’t really taken a motor apart on a motorcycle yet so it’s all still new to me and also when I went to get the bike the guy had pushed it up his yard to his driveway and when I got it home I noticed dirt on the pegs and frame sliders on the shifter side as if he had dropped it would that have anything to do with it
We can keep it too the simple things first. Check the position and tightness of the shift linkage and pinch bolt. After you re-seat it, test it again. If it still pops out of 1st and back to to neutral, I fear the shift fork(s) are bent. Or worse, the engagement dogs on the gears in the transmission are worn. This would require a repair or replacement. Unless someone else chimes in with the possible problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts