Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. A quick question/poll. What kind of mileage do you get on your bike? How many miles until the fuel light comes on? How long with the light on untill the reserve is out. My 06 went 92 miles and the low light came on. My 02 9R would go almost 200 or more if I remember right. Thanks.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I usually get around 120 before the light comes on then you should have right at 1 gal. of fuel left.

as with all fuel mileage questions, it all depends on how you ride it

·
Registered
196 Posts
thats why I put " it all depends on how you ride it"

I put the 16 tooth front sproket on today, we'll see what that does to the mileage.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I've put on 1600 miles in the last few days on my 2006 10R and I was keeping track of my gas mileage the entire time. The standard deviation or average miles per gallon is about 35. I saw as high as 38mpg when I was using 6th gear for my speed limit stuff. When I was riding agressive, such as lower gears higher up the tach, I was pushing about 30mpg.

On another note, there were two times when my fuel light came on and the next stop for gas was quite a ways away. The first time I made it 38 miles with the fuel warning light on, and the second time I made it 35 miles with the light on. Keep in mind, once I saw the light came on, I never went faster than 75-80mph and I was always in 6th gear.

Hope that helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts