Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - I bought an '06 zx10r a couple months back with 4,000 on it. Everything is perfect except for the fact that it makes a buzz noise when you go over bumps. This seems to happen at around 30mph or higher. Very noticeable on the highway.

I've read that some guys key will make noise and I'm almost positive that this isn't the case here. I've held the key while driving and it will still do it. I'm guessing that one or both of the neck bearings needs to be replaced.

Any help?
:headscratch

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
could be the clutch or throttle cables rubbing the fairing. If your stem bearings were loose you would prob hear a clunk when you brake to a stop. Also your handling would be affexted. Doesn't hurt to check the steering stem tightness anyway.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll give the cables a check. I'll probably pull the side and upper fairings and ride around without... then start zip-tying things to see if I can eliminate it. It's really annoying.

There isn't any cluck when stopping that I've noticed

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the bracket thats right under the ignition(cables run through it) replaced for the buzzing and rattles it made while riding. Fixed it for a little bit. Now it comes and goes away while riding. Hope you figure it out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts