Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an issue this issue, it won't redline in any gear whilst driving.
This also happened last year, which I was able to mend by draining the gas tank and running two fresh tanks of fuel with an additive cleaner.

When I pulled the bike out this year the problem has returned, and I'm thinking all I did was mend the issue - not fix it.

I have ordered a new air filter just as a precaution... ideas so far are restriction in airflow I.E filter or fuel.. like clogged lines or fuel filter or possibly a lack of fuel pressure.

I would greatly appreciate any input on what the cause of the issue could be.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Running stock exhaust?
How many miles? if valves are to tight, this can restrict max rpm, as can jetting and timing issues.

Reactions: 92Ninjas

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,277 Posts
Running stock exhaust?
How many miles? if valves are to tight, this can restrict max rpm, as can jetting and timing issues.
this

How many miles/km. When this issue first occurred, did you drain the tank and fuel lines for dry storage?
If not, the fuel filter probably got clogged with trash that settles at the bottom of the tank. Also, in my experience, petrol only lasts about 6-9 mos if it's the crappy 90/10 or 85/15 petrol/ethanol blended pump gas if you don't add any type of fuel stabilizer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts