Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody had this problem with the stock ohlins damper leaking some kind of fluid.the bike has only 1375 miles and is not been beating on. was there any recalls on this plz help disappointed with this problem didnt expect any problems so soon with the 10r

·
Registered
33 Posts
That obviously shouldnt be happening. With that few miles take it back to the dealer and have Kawi replace it.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
I'm with im ^

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Agreed. This should not occur.

There was a recall on the bike for the Ohlins Dampener, but it only pertained to the torque setting on the bolt which holds the dampener down.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
leaking damper

just called the dealer they told me that they havent seen any problems with this damper before so i took the bike down to the dealer and they wanted me to leave the bike unti they get a new damper. but i wasnt really to happy about leaving my machine with a bunch of strangers. so i am now using the bike with no damper i tod the dealer that i woud leave only the damper. why do they need the whole bike for

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good point. Keep your machine and leave them the problem section. I wonder what they'll say was the problem with the dampener.

·
Registered
196 Posts
heard about this on several other boards. the bad thing is, in the manual it says that if it starts leaking replace it, thats like $350.

I figure it can be rebuilt, found someone that changed the oil to heavier weight.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
do you really need it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well the dealer removed the damper and now i have to wait for them to order another one the guy at the dealer told me that ohlins damper they put on there is junk he says i should upgrade to maybe a scotts or a better ohins being that the setup is for ohlins it would be easier. so as of right now im riding with no damper if u take it easy its not that bad but in you punch it and shift gears you get a real bad shake in the wheel. so ill be taking it easy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes it was took almost 3 weeks to get a new damper.and it didnt even look new maybe they just rebuild mine and send me back the same one i had

1 - 13 of 13 Posts