Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i got a 06 636 with 1400 miles on it, i wanna do the work myself ( as i came from the car racing field.)
and i dont have a manual (and i cant findone as of yet),
is there any thing i should do to the bike as of 1400 miles and anythign that should be done to it in the future.

im about to do an oil change with kawi. filter today

thanks for your help

Jay

·
Registered
92 Posts
Follow the service manual. Most would have a break in service (oil, filter) at 500 miles. I do it after the first 200, 1000, and then 3000 miles. Check your tire pressure more often than you do. Check throttle and clutch play, regularly. Lube and adjust your chain regularly. That's pretty much it. Follow the maintenance schedule in the owners manual for whatever your mileage requires...

ps owners manuals can be sourced thru any dealer...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whats the temp that the fan should kick in on ?? i was up to 210 and it dint kick on , and all fuses are good ( fan fuse) thanks

it doesnt get near to that temp ever so far when riding, but i let it sit after i did the oil change

thX

·
Registered
92 Posts
I only notice mine when I shut it down. I am sure it kicks on and off while riding, but I only hear it when I pull in and shut it down. I know it allows me to reach 210-214 occaissionally.

·
Registered
13 Posts
*IMPORTANT* Keep your eyes on the FI light!!! I have the exact same bike as you and around the same mileage my FI light came on. My entire electronic fuel injection system took a dump for no reason. :rant The guy at the dealership had my bike out for a month to have warranty work done! Plus its not a part they can just switch off anothe bike. So watch yourself! I ended up missing one of the best weeks for riding! :deadhorse

1 - 9 of 9 Posts