Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend was going down the straight at Summit Point yesterday and her bike shut off. Turn the key and nothing happens. No lights, no gauges, no fuel pump, no clicky clicky, nothing happens. The battery connections are tight, the battery seems to be good. Does anyone have any ideas on possible causes? The bike is completely stock.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
main fuse 30amp, usually part of the stater relay under left side tail over.... man i miss summit point... ya running with NESBA ???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
main fuse 30amp, usually part of the stater relay under left side tail over.... man i miss summit point... ya running with NESBA ???
Checked that, it's good, unless it can appear unbroken but still be bad. Tuesday I'll start checking battery to bike connections.

I ride with NESBA mostly. We've done 3 days at Main this year. Definitely a fun track but the conditions have been sketchy. The race line was repaved this year but having to pay for power, mud all over the track from cars and not cleaned up well, plus a deer strike Monday and 3 spotted yesterday in the first session doesn't make it my first choice even though its the closest.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
ok then bad battery.. they can show 12v+ and be bad... do a load test .....
if not a bad battery then a bad key switch or bad wire in between the switch/battery..... time to get a volt meter out and start checking connections if the battery shows good....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found the problem...brown wire going to key switch melted on the valve cover. Now we can't figure out why there is no power unless the ECU was fried.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Found the problem...brown wire going to key switch melted on the valve cover. Now we can't figure out why there is no power unless the ECU was fried.
very good possibilty if it shorted out a wire going IN THE ECU... So now ya have to get a wiring schematic and figure out which wire has power GOING IN and COMING OUt. see if power goes in and comes out.. if no power coming out then DEAD ECU...:banghead

1 - 6 of 6 Posts