Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay.... so I've been knocking the idea around for a bit and wanting to get aftermarket exhaust, but haven't found anything that I have really fallen in love with yet.

What have you done to replace your OEM pipes?

Post up some pics so I (and others) can make an informed decision.

I wanted to go with dual undertail D&D's, but they aren't making them yet for the 06/07 10R according to their website.

Didn't want to go Akro because I heard there was problems with the CF splitting, as well as I didn't want to get the same pipes as everyone else.

A friend here went with the full Muzzy system, but I like my undertail look and don't want my bike to look like an 04/05.

I am contemplating the Green CF dual undertails by Micron.. but don't have a distributor in Canada and will probably have to go into the US to get em.

Post up some pics and show me your pipes.... EXHAUST PIPES that is. (thought I would mention that before Beans posts a picture of him flexing his pipes in a wifebeater).

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
LQN4U said:
A customer asked me to pic up his 2006 ZX10R from the shop he purchased it at and it make it like noone elses around!

This is what we started with!

Then we stripped it...

Then we started in on the add on...
Pazzo Levers
braided steel brake lines, front and rear
Power commander 3usb
Puig Double Bubble
TI FORCE FULL TITANIUM Exhaust
Chrome Wheels, Chrome Swingarm, chrome rearsets, passanger rails, bar ends, wheel hubs, sprocket, kickstand. and more that i cant think of.
Tobin seats
And some other stuff, but I cant list it all...

Source: PNW Riders

·
Registered
515 Posts
I think the only difference in our pipes is the bends as it leaves the head....yeah those superbike pipes look awesome, I was wondering about that, I wonder if we could have ours cut short like that. I'm guessing its a custom design for the superbike class's

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the pics guys. They all look good.

Keep em coming.

Has anyone gone to the Micron setup yet? Or anything other than Akro or Yosh (although I still wanna see some RS-3 CFs on a 10R)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Does anyone see how the Ti pipes and all that chrome present an oxymorn? Don't get me wrong, to each his own, just sayin':nana

I do like how the chrome makes the bike look different though, it really shows each individual piece as a seperate entity. It really makes the 10 LOOK lighter for some reason, the swingarm looks so much skinnier when it shines... not that it actually is... (wonder how much weight all that nickel and chrome added!:nana)

I personally prefer the single pipe over the dual and would go with the Ti personally, because it's so much tougher. Has anyone seen what carbon fiber does in a crash, you can kiss that pipe/s goodebye!

But that's just me, and I'm a lowly 9 rider. I'll get out of your 10 forum now...:squint

·
Registered
462 Posts
O yeah! Old Son, at first I saw that Yoshimura decal and wondered a little bit why a bike that had a Micron pipe (very nice!) had a Yoshi logo, so I went to the Yoshi site and learned they make filters and cams and a couple other odds and ends, so I thought the bike might have had some other Yoshi product and dismissed my question, but then I saw the Michelin AND Bridgestone decals!!!

What gives?!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Glockt... is that a dual can set up? I only see one... are my eyes playing tricks on me?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Beats me oldgreenmachine. I bought the bike with the stickers on. It does have pilot power 2ct's on it now. PC111, bought some Promach rearsetts and a BMC air filter which will go on soon. I have the bike booked in for a custom map on the dyno soon so perhaps I'll post the graphs some time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts