Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anybody help me out with the measurements for a ZX14/ZZR1400 front wheel hub please, I've seen two old posts on the internet one saying it's too wide to fit a ZX12R and another saying you just need to use the 14 hub spacers. I know the 14 wheels are heavier than my 12 wheels but I love the look of them I know one person simply swapped a complete front end from a 14 onto a 12 but then had to fit a steering damper due to head shake so I don't really want to go to those lengths. If somebody has the time to take some measurements, exact distance between inside disc faces, overall width of hub and width of the wheel spacers I would really appreciate it, thank you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK s not a huge response, would anybody please be able to just take a pair of calipers to their front discs and measure the distance between the inside faces of their front discs for me please??:unsure:

·
Premium Member
13,079 Posts
I would if my front end weren't in pieces and boxed for shipping.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would if my front end weren't in pieces and boxed for shipping.
Thanks for that, I was hoping that somebody on here may have been able to help me and measure the distance from either the outside edges or inside face of the discs just so I know the spacing on them to see if I can adapt the 14 wheel to fit my 12.
If I knew how far apart the discs sit I can compare that with measurement of mine.

·
Premium Member
13,079 Posts
There should be a few who could easily measure and answer, but evidently everyone's head is out-of-town or up their ass this week. I will message a buddy.

·
Premium Member
13,079 Posts
A friend in Calgary tells me he measures about 5 9/16" out-to-out on his 14's rotors. That's very close to 140mm. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A friend in Calgary tells me he measures about 5 9/16" out-to-out on his 14's rotors. That's very close to 140mm. Hope that helps.
Thanks for that, sadly I need to be at 138 mm inside to inside measurement, so with new discs mins just over 150 outside to out side.:oops:

·
Premium Member
13,079 Posts
I have a complete ZX-14 front end-fork, triples with new head bearings, rotors and brake calipers with new pads for sale if you're interested. Fork has new seals and oil.

Also have complete rear wheel to match.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a complete ZX-14 front end-fork, triples with new head bearings, rotors and brake calipers with new pads for sale if you're interested. Fork has new seals and oil.

Thanks for the offer but with you being in the USA and me in the UK I think postage/duty would be prohibitive. :eek:

·
Premium Member
13,079 Posts
Great job! What ZX-14 parts did you use other than the wheels?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts