Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up the 4 current British Superbike mags this week and read 3 of them so far. The reviews in these mags are not favorable on the 06/07 ZX10R. They incicatd lack of mid range and poor chasis and front end handling issues. My main concern here is the "lack of mid-range commment?". IS THIS TRUE? I recently purchase an 06 ZX10r (new) and has been in garage 2 months with all of 8 miles on it due to winter. I owned an 06 R1 and this bike truely had NO midrange. I hope the ZX10 is better. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I don't notice any lack of midrange power on mine... but what I do notice is the killer power it has when it gets to the top.

So, by comparison, if the top has more power... wouldn't that make the middle seem like it has less? It's a paradox huh?? :lol

IMO, don't listen to what the rags have to say... get out and twist the grip. I'm sure you won't be disappointed in it.

My roommate has an '04 R1, and has ridden mine... says that they are very similar and comparable. You'll have to make the call on power progression yourself though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If by lack of power they mean you have to wait till 4k rpms before you start falling off the back of the bike, then sure, they are correct. :p

I can't believe anyone on the planet could actually sit straight faced and say this bike lacks power ANYWHERE.

10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, I had the Yellow beast out today for it's first 110 miles. Ran great, felt strong, but I had to keep it under 7k RPM's. (breakin) I did not notice the lull in midrange that my 06 R1 has. Power felt linear to me. No heat issues from the exhaust either, which I hate about the R1. I was overly impressed with my first Kawasaki today. Quite comfortable as I installed convertibars on it.
BG

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Just wait until you can really get into it. As for the break in... drive it like you stole it... just MO. :rotflmao

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Those guy's from the mags's asses probably got kicked heavily by a ZX10R and now they come up with this nonsense. There is but nothing streetlegal that has either got the grunt right through the rev range as the 10R and the front end does not have any problem at all. They probably have never seen a screwdriver and spanner!!!

10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masterbike

http://www.cycleworld.com/article.asp?section_id=12&article_id=269

R1 has poor low and midrange power. Hondas weak, bad gas mileage and the smallest tank in class. Suzuki's awesome, but it's not comfortable and has ugly graphics and an ugly exhaust.

That leaves the ZX10, that's what I chose. My only regret is not being able to afford 2.
I could not have said it better. You hit the nail on the head. I am overly impressed with my new ZX10 with only 200 miles on it. I will change filter/oil today and start rippin on it to test out the top end and prep for track days. This bike is confortable, fast and linear. Also, no heat isssues on the rider from the engine or exhaust. This is my major complaint with the R1 and the CBR 1000rr.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I could not have said it better. You hit the nail on the head. I am overly impressed with my new ZX10 with only 200 miles on it. I will change filter/oil today and start rippin on it to test out the top end and prep for track days. This bike is confortable, fast and linear. Also, no heat isssues on the rider from the engine or exhaust. This is my major complaint with the R1 and the CBR 1000rr.
Glad your enjoying it...I live in Miami, it's really hot and I barely notice the exhaust, and that's only with a tailwind in bumper to bumper.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Read Road Racing World's last three issues. I believe they chose the Kawi ZX-10R as the track/race bike this year for folks like us, edging out the others.

I tend to pretty much put quite a bit of stock in whatever RRW has to say. It's the bible.

Just wait until you can really get into it. As for the break in... drive it like you stole it... just MO. :rotflmao
Your not crazy Swoosh, ride it like you stole it indeed. Read this folks:
http://mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

·
Registered
4 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masterbike

http://www.cycleworld.com/article.asp?section_id=12&article_id=269

R1 has poor low and midrange power. Hondas weak, bad gas mileage and the smallest tank in class. Suzuki's awesome, but it's not comfortable and has ugly graphics and an ugly exhaust.

That leaves the ZX10, that's what I chose. My only regret is not being able to afford 2.
I agree all the way, my financial aid for school came in today and the 10r will be parked outside very shortly!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I agree all the way, my financial aid for school came in today and the 10r will be parked outside very shortly!!
Hell of a way to spend your educational dollars! :rotflmao

I guess we can justify it by saying that you're using it for transportation to get to class huh? :lol

Enjoy it and congrats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hell of a way to spend your educational dollars! :rotflmao

I guess we can justify it by saying that you're using it for transportation to get to class huh? :lol

Enjoy it and congrats.
I got a year left before graduation and the real world hits. Call it an early graduation present. I guess i'll have no reason to be late for class anymore :lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
I know this is a really old thread but since I just picked up my new to me 06 10R I thought I would chime in... I previously owned a ZRX1100 but had to sell it a few years back to complete other projects. I always loved the way the 06-07 looked and when I was in the market to get another bike those are the yrs I set my sights on. I have not been disappointed in any area. I rode a Roadstar for a number of years in between so I've been getting my sporty legs back but I can pretty much crush the shi'ite out of most bikes I ride with now. I can throw the 06 around at will and the adjustable steering damper works great. As far as the revs go, holy moly, get her above 4ish K and hammer the loud twisty piece and I feel like it's trying to rip the grips outta my freaking hands! Lovin it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts