Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so when I put the key in the ignition and turn it on the fuel pump primes and the display reads the fi code as solid red and fuel is flashing on the display. Ive replaced the stator, the rectifier, the battery, and the fuel pump. Please help

·
Registered
356 Posts
Miles ?
Any work done recently leading up to this issue?
Have you checked for any Fi codes in the ECU yet ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
This might sound obviously stupid. But you didn't mention if there was fuel in it.

No fuel will cause everything you just mentioned. Old junk fuel will too. So will an "Amazon special" fuel pump.

Solid red is oil pressure. That won't turn off until the bikes running.

I'd like to hear what codes it's throwing.

Aftermarket (fleabay and spamazon) stators, rectifiers, and fuel pumps are consistently absolute junk. If you head to the ZX6 forum about once a week someone has the same issue as you. Then they just start replacing parts thinking the chinesium garbage they bought would solve the problem. Surprise! It doesn't/didn't/won't. Let's figure out what the issue is and then solve the problem with proper parts.

Need the codes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This might sound obviously stupid. But you didn't mention if there was fuel in it.

No fuel will cause everything you just mentioned. Old junk fuel will too. So will an "Amazon special" fuel pump.

Solid red is oil pressure. That won't turn off until the bikes running.

I'd like to hear what codes it's throwing.

Aftermarket (fleabay and spamazon) stators, rectifiers, and fuel pumps are consistently absolute junk. If you head to the ZX6 forum about once a week someone has the same issue as you. Then they just start replacing parts thinking the chinesium garbage they bought would solve the problem. Surprise! It doesn't/didn't/won't. Let's figure out what the issue is and then solve the problem with proper parts.

Need the codes.
Thanks for the reply bro and yes it had fresh gas and I got a Stator from ricks and spent the money on an O.e.m. rectifier. How do i determine the codes?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Miles ?
Any work done recently leading up to this issue?
Have you checked for any Fi codes in the ECU yet ?
No there was no prior work done leading up to the problems now. I think a couple wires melted and seperated I just dont know where they go bc of all the other bs wiring they had in here

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It details how to in the Service Manual.
Im about to take pics of the 2 points I believe wires need to be to bc I checked evwrything with a multi meter and everything is recieveing power except the fuel pump but I still have no power in my display nor anything else when I turn the key on

·
Premium Member
4,290 Posts
Check where those melted wires go ..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Id say pull the bodywork off and inspect the entire wiring harness. If its flashing the fuel light, it thinks ur outta fuel. Wiring/sensor/communication problem there. If the fuel pump primes then its getting power. Check tip-over sensor, check for spark, efi codes might help if its throwing codes. But double check the "fixed" wires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts