·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i recently purchased this 2005 zx6r 636 with around 22xxxkms on its clock

whe i first started it it sounded like it had a miss and a bit v twin like

so i filled with fresh premium octane fuel 98octone and changed plugs and still
no fix ...so from there i felt the headers once running for a minute and the number 3 was cold to warm but not anywere near hot enough to burn like the others

so today i replaced that cyliders coil and still no fix

what are peoples thoughts as to what this problem may be and any help will be much appretiated as im hating my life with this bike not running right

also to add when i pulled the plug out of that cyl it was still clean as fuck looked like no use watso ever and others were dirty like a plug should be

PLEASE HELP ME so i can enjoy this beast

regards
dave

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Take all the Injectors out and spray clean in all of them. There will be 8. Might even change the plugs wile you have the tank off. You can hook everything up and turn the bike over and watch the injectors spray to see if they all look the same it will make a mess but it helped me I had a cracked injector. Good luck hope it helps I have the same bike by the way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do u mean remove the lowers and uppers and spray some wd40 or something on them and let them inject while there just sitting there?

was ur bike doing same thing was it:?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Bike bike would miss off idle when you nailed it. No don't use Wd-40 use Carb cleaner. Take a cup and put the injectors in and fill it with cleaner as well as spraying them out. Make sure to lube the o ring before you put the injectors back in the rail.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is it possible for me to have the bike running with tank liffted and airbox off and pull the plug off injector on the cylinder that seems to be not getting fuel and c if its does anything to the revs? or stays the same?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts