Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone been able to find a nice fender eliminator for an 05 636. it seems like everyone that i have found retains those horrible stock turn signals or they look like they are made out of a childs erector set. and some of the aftermarket turn signals are so small and tucked away that they cant be seen.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Relocating the plate closer to the rear shock and installing an integrated brake light cleans up the look real noice.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm using a competition werkes eliminator on mine. works nicely but like you set it looks like a erector set. I will post pics of it when I get home for you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Relocating the plate closer to the rear shock and installing an integrated brake light cleans up the look real noice.
i have alot of friends that do this and it its by far the cleanest look out there, but i am not sure if it will pass inspection in pa. i would have to put a light on ther plate and i have heard that the turn signals have to be 9 inches apart to pass.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm using a competition werkes eliminator on mine. works nicely but like you set it looks like a erector set. I will post pics of it when I get home for you.
the competition werkes is my favorite fender eliminator, but there is no way in hell i am going to pay $130 for a piece of metal and some turn signals.:angry

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have alot of friends that do this and it its by far the cleanest look out there, but i am not sure if it will pass inspection in pa. i would have to put a light on ther plate and i have heard that the turn signals have to be 9 inches apart to pass.
Wow, 9" apart? I would check with the DMV about that.... that seems an awful big gap.... So much for an integrated taillight if that is the case...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just found the pa inspection laws on the ama website and it says that turn signals are not even required to pass inspection. i guess i should brush up on my hand signals.:crackup integrated tail light it is.:mfclap

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you would have to use an led strip. i looked into this alittle farther and went to some shops to see what they would pass. most shops will not pass an integrated taillight in pa. for the most part they said the state was getting really hard on bike inspection and they were cracking down on the shops themselves. so basically if your modification can cause the shop any problem at all they will most likely not pass it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think this weekend i am going to try to make my own fender eliminator with the stock parts, a piece of sheet metal, and alot of time. ill let you know how that goes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Check this site out bro, they have some prety slick eliminators
http://www.1tail.com/default.asp
yeah ive been there and they do have some nice eliminators. the one closest to the shock is sick and basically what i want, but my local shops pretty much straight up told me the would not pass it cause they dont want to have to deal with the state.:banghead i might buy the one from ballmoto.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts