Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting the Kawasaki Rear seat cowl that replaces the rear seat. It says some assembly required. Should I read that as you need to cannabalize your existing rear seat pan and/or hardware?

I'd like to just be able to swap back and forth between the two when I want to ride 2 up.

Anyone here ever install one of these things?

http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/kaw%20seat%20cowl%20636%2005.htm

·
Registered
151 Posts
yeah i installed one on mine. you won't be taking anything off of the factory rear seat itself, and the cowl will come with the bracket, bolts, washers, and ruber gromets. it takes about 5 mins to put together, and maybe about 20 all together to adjust so that it fits flush. if you follow the instrucs that come with it that's a good base but then you have to take some washers out so that it sets flush be a very easy install and yes when your done you can swap back n forth no prob!!!!! hope this helped

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where did you order it from?

I priced them out online for about $109. When I read they were factory painted to match I figured they must be kawasaki accessories. I was at the dealer picking up some oil filters and for kicks asked them how much they wanted for the cowl and they said $99 and it would be here first of the week (no charge for shipping).

Maybe you could get it quicker through the dealer if your not already going that route.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts