Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i work at a yamaha dealer for fun, cause one of my buddies got me a job there. it's kinda funny cause we are the only two service techs and i have a 636 and he has an 05 10r. but i went to this forum where this dude was saying that his new 05 yamaha r6 with no mods was pullin from a 636. he said he can beat a 636 all around. now obviously im sure there was plenty of driver error but has any of you guys raced one yet cause i haven't but now i have a personal vendetta out there now and can't seem to find one on the street to give it to him:banghead

·
Registered
92 Posts
i got an 05 636 and my buddy picked up an 06 r6 and after he broke it in a lil (2500 km i think he had on it, maybe more) and we hit this long straight stretch. started off in 1st at 50 km/h then pinned it, he pulled about a bike length ahead and stayed that way until 230km/h, then i past him and started to pull away. i hit about 283km/h when i eased off and he was a good 20 bike lenghts back. so ya thats my experience, we're both rookies tho, started ridding this april.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i got an 05 636 and my buddy picked up an 06 r6 and after he broke it in a lil (2500 km i think he had on it, maybe more) and we hit this long straight stretch. started off in 1st at 50 km/h then pinned it, he pulled about a bike length ahead and stayed that way until 230km/h, then i past him and started to pull away. i hit about 283km/h when i eased off and he was a good 20 bike lenghts back. so ya thats my experience, we're both rookies tho, started ridding this april.
+1

:mfclap yep..same here, raced my buddy who had an 05 R6 by a mile:evil
and the best part is both are stock without ne mods whatsoever:smile

so go out there and show em what our 636's are made of! :crazyloco

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:clap im trying to find one. gonna have to wait till next year cause it's to damn cold now, but good. if you guys race em again just don't loose!!!:clap

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had an 04 R6 which isn't that dif to the 05. Changed to the 05 636 and can tell anyone out there that the 636 will eat it, no doubt, no fear.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an 05 636 (stock). I raced the 05 raven edition r6 (the new one, not the R6S). He had full GYTR exhaust and a powercommander. He was about half a bike length infront of me(my tire at his swingarm). After about 110mph he didnt pull on me at all, but thats prob from the false rpms range that yamaha advertised. Yeah, the bike will hit 17000 rpms, but it looses power after 15500rpms. If i had exhaust and a powercommander i would have def beat him.

·
Registered
23 Posts
ive raced a couple of r6's in the st.pete area and let me tell you they had no chance from the start i let off the throttle a little bit so they wouldnt cry to to bad but i still spanked them... but i also have ecu, headers and exhaust sooo its not stock vs stock

·
Registered
2 Posts
636 vs R6

My friend has an 06 R6 with a slip on and I have the same with my 636. I beat him every time by about a bike in a half up to 140 mph I let off it. I recently just put a power commander on my 636 and WOW!!! amazing what that did for me I raced him again about a week ago and I put about 3 bikes length on him.

If I wanted something slow I would have bought a Harley!!!

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'll post the obligatory "600 class bikes these days are so close in power that it is really the rider that will determine who wins in a race between them."

·
Registered
66 Posts
05 636 vs two R6's

Well other day i was sitting at the light minding my own and it was like 90+ outside and i did not have race gear on but i did have my helmet ,i think hehe and 2 guys pull up to me in full leather riding matching new R6's.. i did not have a race in mind but as the light turns green we go these 2 @ss holes cut right infront of me then they start puting down the road under the speed limit... im like ok when we pull onto the free way im going to blow these guys down for cutting me off..... we merg to the freeway they speed off im right behind they catch upto a car im in the other lane about to pass and what the fuck do they do but cut me off again ..... must have a death wish or something anyways by this time we come up to the first light and we pull up side by side and im like dude where did you two fucks learn how to drive ... is it because im on a green bike and you giving me no respect or what ??? well when the light turn green i gave it all my 636 had and im sure they did the same we where side by side but when i look down at the speedo and it was saying 110 i glance in my mirror and they where about a car and half away... i let off the gas and few sec later they blew buy... so i think i had them both in the bag from the start no problem at all...... and my bike is stock other then a slip on pipe...

·
Registered
648 Posts
lol. the 636's are king of all the 600's EVERYONE knows that.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I ran a guy on a daytona 675 and he got me off the line a little, i reeled him in at the top of 1st gear gradually. I was top ending him pretty good.

·
Registered
648 Posts
see 636 is the king and always will be

·
Registered
41 Posts
see 636 is the king and always will be
Just proves.. there's no replacement for displacement. those extra 37cc in the engine go a long way. That's why it's called the cheater bike though.. and that's the first argument people throw at you when you beat them..

·
Registered
648 Posts
Just proves.. there's no replacement for displacement. those extra 37cc in the engine go a long way. That's why it's called the cheater bike though.. and that's the first argument people throw at you when you beat them..
yeah but dude said he beat a daytona triple 675. if you were wise enough to buy the best 600 class bike then u deserve to rub it in their face, a win is a win lol. 636=king

·
Registered
123 Posts
i beat a 06 r6 with a fat chick on once....lol...he had eveything chrome dipped and told me that was why..weight...i was like look at that girl on the back of mine,,,lol

·
Registered
517 Posts
got on the freeway last night to head to a meeting at work and as Im getting into the merging point, I see 4 R6's (not the "S" model, the R model in plural form) and a Gixxer, all 06+, it was dark so I couldnt tell the year for sure. Anyways, as Im getting onto the freeway, 4 of the guys move over and this one dip wouldnt move over or slow down to give me much room behind the car I was coming up on, so I got pissed and just gassed it and got in front of him and I see him move to the right side of the lane and slow down quick, I think he got pissed that I did, but he should have left me some more room. I swap lanes one left and gas it, then he comes over to catch up with his buddies. I keep on it and Im catchin up to this whole group. I see the guy I cut off fall in line with his buddies and as I'm passing them so I could give em a little lesson in 636 :king, they exit the freeway:lame, WTF?!? :rant

1 - 20 of 28 Posts