1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest bike to Frankenstein.

Stock engine
25K miles
04 Blue. The right color.

I got the bike slammed to the ground, polished wheels, LED's everywhere, cut sidestand. That's all gone/fixed.

I found a full Muzzy exhaust with a short Megaphone can that's on it now.
Smog is gone
Fresh plugs and oil
Cleaned and oiled the K&N air filters
I'll check the valve clearances at some point. It's probably never been done.

In threw on toys from an abandoned project:
2011 ZX10R forks with Ohlins 30mm cartridges
Attack triple
Raised clipons (about an inch higher than stock)
ZX14 mirrors
Brembo 17x19 master
Rev2 Throttle
CRG clutch perch and lever
Renthal grips
Braided lines (in blue, of course)
15 CBR1000RR monoblock calipers with CL pads
Marchesini 10-spoke ZX7R magnesium wheels with S22 tires 120/70-17 & 200/55-17 (yeah, I know rotor bolts are missing for now)
330mm Braketech Iron rotors
95 ZX7R swingarm
ZX7R Muzzy Superbike linkage
Custom rear brake hanger with Brembo 84mm caliper

I threw my Attack triple and Ohlins R&T forks I had on my SRAD on my 06 GSXR1000, so the GSXR is back to clipons. It also got a very pumped up engine this winter with CP pistons, Carrillo rods, Yoshimura cams dialed to 105/105 and a thin head gasket. The 12 will be my new Sport Tourer, and I'm hoping it's south of 500 lbs (540 wet stock). The stock ZX12R wheels are the heaviest I've had in my hands, including my Harley wheels ...... heavier than ZX14R wheels .....

·
Premium Member
6,648 Posts
I’m looking forward to watching this build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,798 Posts
Legend has it that 95 zx7 swingarms are made from unobtanium. The lightest and strongest material known to man.

·
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally got time to finish her. The ZX7R swingarm didn't work, so neither did the linkage. I was able to make a custom J/L caliper hanger work with the ZX12R swingarm. I scaled it out at 485lbs, so that shaved 55 lbs off. I got time to do a shake down run today. It is so much more nimble with the weight off. It felt like most any liter bike even at low speeds. I have a little more to work out, but I'm loving it.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,798 Posts
I finally got time to finish her. The ZX7R swingarm didn't work, so neither did the linkage. I was able to make a custom J/L caliper hanger work with the ZX12R swingarm. I scaled it out at 485lbs, so that shaved 55 lbs off. I got time to do a shake down run today. It is so much more nimble with the weight off. It felt like most any liter bike even at low speeds. I have a little more to work out, but I'm loving it.

View attachment 20622
That almost weighs as much as my 10r. Got dam.

·
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've owned lots of bikes. Pretty much all of the modern Kawasaki sport and touring bikes. I cannot get the grin off my face every time I ride this 12. A diet is exactly what this bike needed. It handles like a liter bike yet it is still stable and comfortable. I had a great ride two hours south and back yesterday to the Lone Star rally in Galveston

1 - 10 of 10 Posts