Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys!

THE Dustcart here from good old Blighty.
I've decided to get myself a proper motorcycle in the shape of an Immaculate '03(53) ZX9R. I am riding a Yam FZ6s for the next 4 days until i pick the green machine up from the dealer. Only 7800 miles on the clock. (It's the one in my avatar....i was test riding it)

It's going to be a large hike in power from my current steed......but i am ready. Any hints or tips will be appreciated.

DAMN i'm looking forward to getting my hands on this machine.:eek:hno The day i pick it up is a day off work.......gotta scrub that new tyre in!! I'll post some pics in about week.

take care!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
nice find ,enjoy the new ride......

·
Registered
990 Posts
Welcome to the forum & Kawasaki.

Hope the weather is good for when you collect it :crazyloco

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.
It really is a good looking specimen!!

Had some issues getting insurance on it, but in the end had to settle for Third Party Fire and Theft.

The weather forecast for this coming friday when i pick it up???????

Yep you guessed it.............R.A.I.N:rant :angry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been out on the bike most of the weekend so far............what a beast!
Not been going too crazy as it's been raining very hard on and off. It came with a Bagster tank protector, undertray, double bubble screen, hugger and the connections for an optimate. Really is a minter of a bike. It's been getting plenty of looks too. I parked it up outside the local pub....it was constantly being inspected........great feeling. Got Michelin Pilot sport tyre on....man they stick on the tarmac!

What do you people think of green perspex headlamp protectors? Or are they a little over the top?

It is a real nice bike....took it to 120mph. It was solid and ever so light at that speed. I love the tone of that engine even though it has the standard titanium exhaust.

So, i'm in the Stevenage area UK! Any UK Ninja riders about for a ride?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Brits

Congrats on the bike & yeah the weather has turned typical English summer :rolleyes I usually find the weather tends to go wet when I get a new bike.....

There are a few Brits on here but we are a bit spaced out. I'm in MK but the bikes are in storage as I'm between houses ATM. Gmac is London & lists a 9R & there is another guy recently joined with a 10R in MK.

The Kwaks Owners club (http://ccgi.wwwtechs.force9.co.uk/phpbb2/index.php) meet up around Peterborough & London areas & there are a few Ninja's amongst them.

·
Registered
990 Posts
About the headlight covers, I have heard you are more likely to get pulled by the cops at night if you're not showing a white headlight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much for the links guys!! Going to check them out tomorrow.

Had a couple of hours out on the 9R earlier when the rain stopped. Can't get this smile off my darn face!! It has a way of reminding me that i need to concentrate.....it's a tad more powerful than a Fazer 600s:scared :crazyloco . No wonder you people like these bikes.

I didn't go into the bike shop to buy a bike......but so glad i did.

Have a superior day everyone......i did:clap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts