Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead
Sorry if this is completely the dumbest question ever but i just rode my buddys 03 636 (im thinkin about buying it) and on the throttle side above the start button there is another button that says "start/stop", what is that!?
Its not the starter, its not the kill switch. My buddy who owns the bike didnt even know what it was. We tried messing around with it but i couldnt tell anything that it was doing. It slides over and then comes right back to where it originally was.
If someone knows what this is id greatly appreciate the info!
thanks!

·
Registered
275 Posts
i think is a kill switch?!?!?!?!
you need to hit the button before you hit the starter. Its like a child safety lock. My new 07 has the same one. You MUST push it over once before the you can start the bike. Other wise the starter is disabled. It could be possible his is broken or was disabled some how

·
Registered
488 Posts
yeah thats what it was! lmao, i fought with it when i 1st got the bike cuz i coulnt get it started but spec is correct! im so dumb!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is there something different about your bikes or the '03 machine or are you guys just having a laugh?

If there's another button (probably on the left switchgear) which says 'Lap' then surely it's the button to start and stop the stopwatch:headscratch

·
Registered
275 Posts
Is there something different about your bikes or the '03 machine or are you guys just having a laugh?

If there's another button (probably on the left switchgear) which says 'Lap' then surely it's the button to start and stop the stopwatch:headscratch
on your right handle bar do you have a slide switch over the starter that says start/stop

until i hit the switch my start does not work. Maybe in the UK its different but in the US my 07 and my friends 04 works that way

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you need to hit the button before you hit the starter. Its like a child safety lock. My new 07 has the same one. You MUST push it over once before the you can start the bike. Other wise the starter is disabled. It could be possible his is broken or was disabled some how
i started it withOUT pushing that button... maybe his is disabled?

·
Registered
13 Posts
look you must push the mode button on your guage.. one says reset and the other says mode.. push mode and look at the digital display and watch it change to different things.. when you see the 00000,0000,0000,0000 pop up that is the lap times!!!! the number on the left tells you what lap you are on and the numbers on the right tell you what your time is... now to start and stop this use the lever that cant figure out!! this will both start and stop the lap time!! once you stop the lap time it will read on the display.. if you start the lap time again, the display will read lap 2 and the time will run again till stopped.. its that simple.... then when finished switch back to miles or whatever on the mode button again...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
look you must push the mode button on your guage.. one says reset and the other says mode.. push mode and look at the digital display and watch it change to different things.. when you see the 00000,0000,0000,0000 pop up that is the lap times!!!! the number on the left tells you what lap you are on and the numbers on the right tell you what your time is... now to start and stop this use the lever that cant figure out!! this will both start and stop the lap time!! once you stop the lap time it will read on the display.. if you start the lap time again, the display will read lap 2 and the time will run again till stopped.. its that simple.... then when finished switch back to miles or whatever on the mode button again...
cool thanks man!
Do you know how to adjust the shift light?

·
Registered
144 Posts
cool thanks man!
Do you know how to adjust the shift light?
Someone showed me this the other day... I think I remember exactly (it's in the manual too). Hit "mode" until you're on the lap times. Then hold down both buttons for 2 seconds. The tach will jump up to around 14k (on my bike). From there you use the bottom button to adjust the tach position, this is where the shift light comes on. Then use the top button to switch the shift light between off, flashing, or solid on. Hold in both buttons for 2 seconds to exit the adjustment mode. Rinse and repeat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Someone showed me this the other day... I think I remember exactly (it's in the manual too). Hit "mode" until you're on the lap times. Then hold down both buttons for 2 seconds. The tach will jump up to around 14k (on my bike). From there you use the bottom button to adjust the tach position, this is where the shift light comes on. Then use the top button to switch the shift light between off, flashing, or solid on. Hold in both buttons for 2 seconds to exit the adjustment mode. Rinse and repeat.
Thanks man! I dont have the manual, so I'll give this a try!

·
Registered
101 Posts
on your right handle bar do you have a slide switch over the starter that says start/stop

until i hit the switch my start does not work. Maybe in the UK its different but in the US my 07 and my friends 04 works that way
Must be a safety feature to ensure you guys have read the manual and know how to ride a bike before you first set off**

Because we have to take a proper test in the UK before we can get near one of these things they know it's safe to let us use the starter button straight away :nana

**Actually nearly spat my coffee all over the place when I first sat down to read the manual and found the section giving instructions on how to ride the bike!

·
Registered
165 Posts
WOW! no offence 2 all of u but besides the 03 636 those were the Dumbest comments ive read

n yea tht wht it is 03 636 said
its like a stopwatch on ur bike
ppl who wanna check there time it even tells u how fast u were on a per lap basis
no idea y kawasaki's made it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WOW! no offence 2 all of u but besides the 03 636 those were the Dumbest comments ive read

n yea tht wht it is 03 636 said
its like a stopwatch on ur bike
ppl who wanna check there time it even tells u how fast u were on a per lap basis
no idea y kawasaki's made it
Dumb questions huh? Do you know what a forum is for? Its for informational purposes. Just because you know something doesnt mean everyone else does! Thats the point of this site, to help others who need it. Id say your coment was the dumbest one Ive read. You dont need to criticize people who are seeking help.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts