Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea if a 03-04 636 crankshaft fit on a 05-06 636 motor? I know as far as part numbers they are different but when I see pictures of them side by side they look to have same dimensions. I've notices a difference on the end that the reluctor wheel goes on for the crank sensor. Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone have any idea if a 03-04 636 crankshaft fit on a 05-06 636 motor? I know as far as part numbers they are different but when I see pictures of them side by side they look to have same dimensions. I've notices a difference on the end that the reluctor 05-06 636 motor? I know as far as part numbers they are different but when I see pictures of them side by side they look to have same dimensions. I've notices a difference on the end that the reluctor wheel goes on for the crank sensor. Any input appreciated.
did u get true

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Since the rods are different and the crank bearings are different, I would say there is enough difference that they are NOT interchangeable. Case numbers are different as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Since the rods are different and the crank bearings are different, I would say there is enough difference that they are NOT interchangeable. Case numbers are different as well.
Do y know if the gear box is the same cause I hav a 06 zx6r engine but the second gear is damage

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
The gears themselves are the same but the input/output shafts are different. You could use the actual gear and swap it out but the whole gearbox assembly will not fit in the cases due to the shafts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The gears themselves are the same but the input/output shafts are different. You could use the actual gear and swap it out but the whole gearbox assembly will not fit in the cases due to the shafts.
Do it know if the 04 throttle body will work on the 06 engine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts